What's new

Is the Iphone 5 uncool now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
The iPhone 5 is dead to me. I don't believe I'll ever switch back to another apple product.

Why? Which products do you use now?

I was an apple fanatic but then it became less interesting after each build. The OS never really changed so I had to move on. I have the galaxy s3 now.

I'm in the process of swapping over to Android for my primary device. The note 2 to be exact. I'll keep my iPhone 5 for developing purposes though!

The galaxy s note 2 is nice. Love the size. Surprised to see you make a move like that. Are you sure you want to come to the right side. Lol

I'm in the process of swapping over to Android for my primary device. The note 2 to be exact. I'll keep my iPhone 5 for developing purposes though!

I was an apple fanatic but then it became less interesting after each build. The OS never really changed so I had to move on. I have the galaxy s3 now.

The galaxy s note 2 is nice. Love the size. Surprised to see you make a move like that. Are you sure you want to come to the right side. Lol

I, too, recently switched from the iPhone 5 to a Galaxy Note 2. iCrank summed up my opinions quite well... "I was an apple fanatic but then it became less interesting after each build. The OS never really changed so I had to move on." Having been an iPhone user for almost 4 years... I was truly getting tired of the "same 'ole, same 'ole." I'm loving the GN2 so far. A bit of a learning curve coming from iOS but, the device itself definitely makes up for the things I don't already know.

Those that have the note 2. How is the camera compared to the iPhone 5? My friend has an S3 and his seemed to have some white balance issues.

Those that have the note 2. How is the camera compared to the iPhone 5? My friend has an S3 and his seemed to have some white balance issues.
Honestly... I find the Note 2's camera superior to the iPhone 5's. Pic & video quality is amazing... as well as numerous initial settings (balances, exposures, etc.) that are included w/ the stock camera app.

Idk I'm kinda wanting to trade for a note 2 just to switch it up but I was with android from the first droid on Verizon till Jan of this year. So the android software to me is the same ol thing. And my jail broken iPhone is pretty cool w/ easy customizing. I wish I could afford both lol

I, too, recently switched from the iPhone 5 to a Galaxy Note 2. iCrank summed up my opinions quite well... "I was an apple fanatic but then it became less interesting after each build. The OS never really changed so I had to move on." Having been an iPhone user for almost 4 years... I was truly getting tired of the "same 'ole, same 'ole." I'm loving the GN2 so far. A bit of a learning curve coming from iOS but, the device itself definitely makes up for the things I don't already know.

+1. The learning curve was easy for me as I had android devices before. Including the BB. Honestly I don't see why so many people are loyal to an OS. I expected the ip5 to go head to head with the s3 but IMO it was just longer. The time has come where apple needs to change. If theu don't the world will move on without them

I'm sure man. I've been with iOS too long and I've test driven a decent bit of Android devices. I wasn't too big of a fan with Android 2.2 or 2.3, but I've gotta say, Google has outdone themselves with Jelly Bean. The OS is smooth and seems a lot more stable. Plus, the OS is customizable outta the box. No more waiting for exploits to change a theme or get basic settings widgets/toggles.

If the iPhone works for folks, then that's absolutely great, and I can see why would stay loyal to an OS. depending on how much they've invested into the app infrastructure, or iTunes.

Although, I'm all about swapping OS's if ones got what I'm needing more than the other. Different strokes for different folks. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.