What's new

iPhone 5... Rumor or fact?

wherwel

Reaction score
I am sure there will be a new product that apple adds to the iDevice line, but... so soon? And just for an update that will be supported by (from what I hear) legacy iDevices (not all). I guess my question is with all this pandemonium over the iOS 5, which is just a software update, is it possible that everyone just assumes that there will be a physical change to the hardware evoking the release of yet another iPhone(not complaining lol)? It is just hard for me to think that apple would just push out a iDevice just because they could. That doesnt sound like them at all. Any opinions, thoughts, or even proof in regards to this topic?

Don't you think they kind of have to? To keep up with the competition that is. What they really need is a lte device with at least a four inch screen or preferably a 4.3/4.5.

Truthfully apple doesn't have to do anything. Apple changed the game and will continue too. Apple will not copy everyone else. They will create something that those other companies pass up. Hence the iPhone and it's predecessors and then the iPad. Those both changed how we look at smart devices.

Stayin100 said:
Don't you think they kind of have to? To keep up with the competition that is. What they really need is a lte device with at least a four inch screen or preferably a 4.3/4.5.

I agree. Technology is getting better at an exponential rate. Once company "A" releases a new bell/whistle, company's B-Z have to match or one-up company A to stay in the game. Its just happening faster and faster these days.

iCrank said:
Truthfully apple doesn't have to do anything. Apple changed the game and will continue too. Apple will not copy everyone else. They will create something that those other companies pass up. Hence the iPhone and it's predecessors and then the iPad. Those both changed how we look at smart devices.

Also Apple copies some technologies. Tie iPad is just a tablet PC. And the while iCloud was copied from the Microsoft cloud. The difference is that apple keeps such tight reigns on every aspect of everything "I" that there's no room for error. Resulting in a product that (for lack of a better term) just works.

Also a funny little tidbit: many years ago apple actually made one of it's original operating systems look and feel like Microsoft. Microsoft took them to court and apple won. That case opened the doors to the aspect that even though it looks, acts, and feels like something it's ok as long as the "source code" is different. :p

well apple have always released o a new iphone every year so thats what every one expects a new device but we have had no official confirmation from apple.

Unleashed said:
well apple have always released o a new iphone every year so thats what every one expects a new device but we have had no official confirmation from apple.

Nope...it would be funny if it was all hoax

Unleashed said:

Nope...it would be funny if it was all hoax

I would not put it past apple as they really want to keep things a secret and hate that every one knew their release cycle for the iphone. so either its going to be late or not at all until next year for the verizon users to run their contracts out ? will be interesting to see though what apple does

Well apple have always launched a brand new apple iphone each year so thats what everybody needs a brand new device but we now have had no official confirmation from apple.

I want to know when will that be released and what will be the cost of it.

I can't wait to see what new surprises iPhone 5 will bring! I hope it'll be something cool.