What's new

Do you guys think that the Iphone 5 will have a Notification Blinking Light?

Reaction score
I cannot wait to see what the Iphone 5 will be like hopefully it will have a Blinking Notification Light on the front. You guys i am sure you remember that little blink that would let you know when you had a missed call,Voicemail,Text or email on your phones before your iphone. Infact i chose a phone over another phone just for that reason i know it is not that big of a deal. I know some of you don't care and for some of you it is a must i guess for me it is a must it is very convenient though very cool that if you miss a call,text or voicemail all you got to do is look across the room or wake up and just look at your phone and if that light blinks you know you got something You know what i mean.

Just a good ol day feature of cell phones some of us get attached to i guess

What are your opinions i would like to hear from those of you that it is life and death or not a big deal to have and why or why not that is????

Last edited:
My theory on why it won't be add is simple. The notification center. You have to look at the phone either way. So if that is true, then pushing the standby/sleep button is more effective since more data is relayed to the user.

No blackberry have done this along time and if apple wanted to implement this on their devices it would have been on it by now 5 devices in

Just my opinion apple are more about wow than tagging along

Sent from my  iPhone 4S using Tapatalk ☠

I had a blinky light on my droid x2 and I didn't much care for it. It was nice during the day but was like a light house at night. And yes it was too much work for me to turn my phone on airplane mode at night so I wouldn't receive incoming notifications. 3 minutes to get everything back up after turning it off airplane mode was unacceptable to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really doubt it. Apple rarely uses blinking lights. Only on macs that I know of. And it's only used in sleep mode.

stolenlogic said:
I really doubt it. Apple rarely uses blinking lights. Only on macs that I know of. And it's only used in sleep mode.

And it's more of a fade than a blink :p