What's new

The missing led notification light

whitneykline

Reaction score
So I am extremely bummed to find out the iPhone doesn't have a led notification like bb and droid. I'm wondering who misses that cute little blinking light? Also, have you guys found alternatives to alert you? Are you expected to just keep turning on your phone to check or what?

So I am extremely bummed to find out the iPhone doesn't have a led notification like bb and droid. I'm wondering who misses that cute little blinking light? Also, have you guys found alternatives to alert you? Are you expected to just keep turning on your phone to check or what?

I agree I miss that to lol. Im so used to seeing it blink. Now I have to listen for a beep.

It is honestly the only thing holding me back because my samsung fascinate didn't have it and it was one of the cons for the phone.

I definitely miss the LED notification. Dang... it's about the only thing I miss. I haven't found a substitute for it either....

I found this out after I received the phone... Yes it is very disappointing in my opinion. I hate having to turn on the phone just to check for a text or email. The alert options for this phone are very inadequate.

Maybe the next version will address this?

I thought I would miss it, but I really don't. It was actually kind of annoying at night.

text messages do alert you. When my phone is off and I get a new text message it will display it on my screen for a few seconds. same with email, I will hear a chime and it will alert me on the screen. but still not the same as the little blinky light I miss...:-(

I don't get a popup with email, I only get a tone. How did you enable the iPhone to show a popup for emails?

yes the only thing i miss from my berry, i leave my phone unattended for 15-20 mins at a time often enough that i always have to wake it up to see what i missed

My Palm Pixi Plus has the blinking LED notification light. I do miss it, but i can live without it.

I do NOT miss it at all, it was extremely annoying at night, flashing next to my bed in a dark room, I would have turned it face down, except it always had to be in the charging dock, battery life was awful, I miss nothing about my BB or Android phones..

I don't get a popup with email, I only get a tone. How did you enable the iPhone to show a popup for emails?
Jailbreak and install Elert. It doesn't wake the screen though.

I do NOT miss it at all, it was extremely annoying at night, flashing next to my bed in a dark room, I would have turned it face down, except it always had to be in the charging dock, battery life was awful, I miss nothing about my BB or Android phones..
THIS.

At first I was bummed, then I remembered how I had to face the phone down constantly etc. Over time my Droid's would start wearing down on the edges and the silver would show through.

@matth3w --i am hoping over time they will come out with some sort of app. i always forget i am having conversations with people and will leave em hanging for 20 minutes because I don't see that blinking light. Maybe I just need to pay more attention :)

I am also finding that people either love or hate the blinking light. Oh well!