What's new

iphone4, fw4.1. I don't have shsh blobs (my bad!)

versiliese

Reaction score
Hi, I have iphone4, fw4.1. I don't have shsh blobs (my bad!) and i want to (untethered) jailbreak it without upgrading to iOS5 (for now!). By reading around, I think I need to 1) fetch current PARTIAL blobs on device, 2) Stitch PARTIAL blobs to a CUSTOM IPSW and finally 3) use pwned DFU before initiating iTunes restore. right?
I read that ifaith allows to fetch PARTIAL blobs, but I don't think it can create a signed AND custom ipsw for the jailbreak. Can ifaith and redsn0w work together to jailbreak my iphone 4, or do I need to wait until redsn0w Version 0.9.9 supports all these features???
==>> What I want to do it is technically possible, right?
Please help with some suggestions, all the information I found so far was very confusing,
Thanks

Everything you need to do is included in iFaith. Just download it and see...

But, to be clear, all you can do is related to 4.1. iFaith can't magically give you a 4.3.3 jailbreak, or any other version. It can only extract the blobs from your phone, which are 4.1.

If 4.1 is installed OK and working fine on your phone now, you can just jailbreak it with greenpois0n or limera1n. See here - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/jailbreaking-methods-iphone-18519/
You only need to use iFaith if you really need a clean install of 4.1, or want to save your 4.1 blobs.

4.1 is getting VERY old now though, and the older it gets the less support there will be in terms of both apps and jailbreak tweaks...

Last edited: