What's new

[SOLVED] Downgrading Woes - iOS6 to 5.0.1/5.1.1

No. Without SHSH blobs, you can't restore to an iOS that has its window closed

is there any other way to get SHSH blobs if its already display this kind of error then ?

is there any other way to get SHSH blobs if its already display this kind of error then ?
No, if TinyUmbrellla didn't come up w/ SHSH's for the iOS version you want to downgrade to... it's just not going to happen.

so i guess my iphone 4 will stay with ios 6 forever ? i wonder how those mobile shop do to downgrade em .. without SHSH available on iphone 4 ?

so i guess my iphone 4 will stay with ios 6 forever ? i wonder how those mobile shop do to downgrade em .. without SHSH available on iphone 4 ?
If a mobile shop is making claims that they can do it w/o SHSH's... they're lying to you. Without them... it's impossible.

then can i get SHSH files from other ? or edit my ECID ? so that i could get my iphone downgraded ?

then can i get SHSH files from other ? or edit my ECID ? so that i could get my iphone downgraded ?
No, they have to be SHSH's from your device... you cannot share from another. Without your SHSH's... downgrading is just not going to happen. Editing the ECID has nothing to do w/ iOS downgrading.

Shops that offer to downgrade your iPhone uses the same method, that's why they have an "appraisal" part of it first before they sell you the service, it's whether or not they can find your blobs. If they're not saved, they can't get it. Without SHSH it's impossible to downgrade. There's no way around it. Apple won't be able to do it either since they cycle their SHSH blobs every iOS release, so yes, your iPhone is stuck on iOS 6.

SHSH blobs are unique to ECID, and ECIDs can't be changed. If you do, it's by replacing your board from another iPhone, so you might as well buy an iPhone that's on 5.1.1

Dear Darkenvy6
Could you please describe how exactly you solve the problem of downgrade?
I tried to do the same but I continuously get an error on the iTunes, and this error is because of lower version of IPSW that I try to download on the phone. Already I can download normally the same version of patched via sn0wbreze last ipsw 6.0.1.
Any kind of your help shall be much appreciated.
Best regards!
Fredi,

Dear Friends,
I just realized downgrade iPhone 3GS from very late version, 6.0.1 to older version 5.1.1 via Ultrasn0w 9.15b, but I tstill have big problem on my device. Something is going wrong during unlocking this phone and it still continously searching and cannot detect the SIM card. If somebody is interested on downgarde procedure I can post here a step by step procedure, but I cannot guaranty you that this is worthy for you. If somebody have any solution for my problem (No SIM dedected, and out of service or continously searching without SIM card) please share on this forum. Any kind of help shall be much appreciated.
Best regards to all,
Fredi,

Dear Friends,
I just realized downgrade iPhone 3GS from very late version, 6.0.1 to older version 5.1.1 via Ultrasn0w 9.15b, but I tstill have big problem on my device. Something is going wrong during unlocking this phone and it still continously searching and cannot detect the SIM card. If somebody is interested on downgarde procedure I can post here a step by step procedure, but I cannot guaranty you that this is worthy for you. If somebody have any solution for my problem (No SIM dedected, and out of service or continously searching without SIM card) please share on this forum. Any kind of help shall be much appreciated.
Best regards to all,
Fredi,

UltraSn0w does not downgrade your iOS. If your 3GS is a new bootrom, you cannot unlock using UltraSn0w unless you have the new bootrom iPhone that falls under the category of "special" new bootroms. UltraSn0w is only for the old bootrom 3GS and the iPhone 3G. If it is indeed unlocked properly using UltraSn0w, make sure the APN settings correspond correctly to the APN settings of the carrier.