What's new

I need some advice.

Wya77

Reaction score
Hello, people of iPhoneForums! I'm new to jailbreaking, and I was wondering if my theory would work. Here it goes..

I was thinking of tethered jailbreaking my 3GS with iOS5 and saving the "SHSH blobs?" and restoring back to iOS 5 before Apple quits signing it (if they haven't already). So I could downgrade with TinyUmbrella if needed and wait for an untethered iOS 5 jailbreak. Would this work? And did I get the SHSH blobs part right?

There's no way to save SHSH blobs on iOS5, once Apple stops signing 5.0 you will never be able to restore that firmware again.

But couldn't you do it with earlier firmware if you jailbroke?

But couldn't you do it with earlier firmware if you jailbroke?

Welcome to the forums. The answer is no. It just doesn't work that way. Otherwise we'd all have been getting round them for a couple of years of more, wouldn't we? Take our word for it. Blobs have always been very secure and are even more so for IOS5. There is no way to circumvent Apples security as things stand today.

The singing window for 5.0 was just closed so anyone that does not have it installed right now on there device can NEVER install it again. No matter what (unless of course someone breaks Apple's strong encryption or steals their keys).

So in your case, if you don't have 5.0 installed now, you will just have to wait to see if an untethered jailbreak is released for 5.0.1..

At least you can enjoy it tethered in the meantime :)

Last edited: