What's new

iPhone Unlocking Guide for Beginners

So I did the update and I preserved the bb with snow breeze.. But now it says no service even when the bb says it's still the same.. Now what?
Please reply ASAP?
Bb 2.10.04
iOS 5.1.1
iPhone 4g..

ebrahim_yusuf said:
So I did the update and I preserved the bb with snow breeze.. But now it says no service even when the bb says it's still the same.. Now what?
Please reply ASAP?
Bb 2.10.04
iOS 5.1.1
iPhone 4g..

Updatin doesnt unlock ur phone n do the things to unlock 2.10.04 so far i know ultra snow will unlock ur phone , ur iphone must be jailbreakes first.

Last edited:
harke said:
Updatin doesnt unlock ur phone n do the things to unlock 2.10.04 so far i know ultra snow will unlock ur phone , ur iphone must be jailbreakes first.

I used snowbreeze so it jailbroke it for me.. Installed Cydia and I tried it and it worked..
So im supposed to download ultrasnow and it'll help unlock?

I used snowbreeze so it jailbroke it for me.. Installed Cydia and I tried it and it worked..
So im supposed to download ultrasnow and it'll help unlock?

No, Ultrasn0w is not compatible with your baseband, please reference the original post. The only way to unlock your baseband is with a Gevey SIM.

Jmills87 said:
No, Ultrasn0w is not compatible with your baseband, please reference the original post. The only way to unlock your baseband is with a Gevey SIM.

Yeah just saw that. Thank mate :)
Thing is I live in Kenya.. Hard to find the Gevey sim.. Hard to find anyone that knows what it is lol.

Jmills87 said:
You'll be preserving baseband, not firmware. If you update to a new iOS and it is not compatible with the Gevey SIM there is nothing you can do(besides downgrade to a compatible firmware).

Thought you meant modem firmware..
I understand.. Thanks

The terminology is a bit tricky at first.. LOL!!! Modem Firmware = Baseband... IPSW/iOS Version = Firmware