What's new

Need help with unlocking methods

t6lock

Reaction score
IPhone 4 on 5.1.1 ios
Baseband 04.12.05-ICE_2_13

I installed Ultrasn0w on Cydia, but it says Invalid Sim. I was previously on 4.3.3 then updated to 6.1 only to see that ultrasn0w wasnt supported yet for the new JB, so I tried to revert back to 5.1.1

Need solutions asap!!

UltraSn0w only supports iPhone 4's on baseband 01.59.00. Anything above that will not work. Any basebands above 04.11.01 can only be unlocked using a carrier/IMEI unlock. There are no work arounds, that's your only option. UltraSn0w supports iOS 6, that's been made clear. If you open up the UltraSn0w repo in Cydia, you'll see "UltraSn0w Fixer for iOS 6" which you'll need to run UltraSn0w on a supported device on iOS 6. In your case, that wouldn't matter since your baseband is ahead of the only iPhone 4 baseband that UltraSn0w supports.

thanks for the quick reply, im having major stress right now over this im a jb noob
when you talk about the ultrasnow fixer for ios6, will that work with my current status if i update to 6.1 and get the new jb?

It will never work on your baseband, because your baseband isn't supported by UltraSn0w. If you read the description in Cydia, it clearly states that this device supports the 3G and 3GS on basebands of or below 05.13.04, the iPad Baseband and ONLY 01.59.00 for the iPhone 4. Emphasis on only 01.59.00, not a digit more or less, strictly 01.59.00. So no, the fixer will not work for your device, only an IMEI/carrier unlock will work on your device.

And to answer your next question, no, you cannot downgrade your baseband to 01.59.00. You cannot downgrade basebands at all on the iPhone 3GS with a new bootrom and the iPhone 4 and later devices.

Yup. Unfortunately there aren't any new exploits to take advantage of on the 4, hence the lack of iPhone 4 support with UltraSn0w on basebands above the one and only 01.59.00

edit: resolved

Last edited:
Hey man, i have the same problem... how did you manage to solve it ?

Hey man, i have the same problem... how did you manage to solve it ?

As stated already, the only ways to resolve this issue is to use an interposer if your device is eligible, or get an IMEI/carrier unlock. There are no other ways to do it.