What's new

iphone 5 or 4s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they will.. but anything atm is just guesses and estimates from past releases so a lot of the time some one will read a rumour and get their hopes up and then when it does not happen they blame apple so it can have a negative effect all the rumours and debate.

Yes they will.. but anything atm is just guesses and estimates from past releases so a lot of the time some one will read a rumour and get their hopes up and then when it does not happen they blame apple so it can have a negative effect all the rumours and debate.
totally agree,what everyone needs to remember is that Apple tell us nothing until they want to,anything else is just rumour and speculation and should be treated just as fun.

I would agree with most thoughts except
For the fact that apple filed a claim with WIPO to gain control of the domain iphone5.com which further suggests it will be called the iPhone 5... 6th generation or not. and I'd rather it be called the iphone5 anyway. Calling anything the "new" whatever is lame..

I would agree with most thoughts except
For the fact that apple filed a claim with WIPO to gain control of the domain iphone5.com which further suggests it will be called the iPhone 5... 6th generation or not. and I'd rather it be called the iphone5 anyway. Calling anything the "new" whatever is lame..
Yes i don't like this "new" tag either.like i pointed out in another thread how long can that go on?.........the new new iPhone/ipad.......the even newer iPhone/ipad lol.

Poisonivy said:
Yes i don't like this "new" tag either.like i pointed out in another thread how long can that go on?.........the new new iPhone/ipad.......the even newer iPhone/ipad lol.

Lol.. Exactly! The newer newest new iPhone! I understand the numerical sequence may get old too. iPhone 6,7,8. They're just going to have to get more creative down the road I suppose.

iphone is the best model of the apple company's founder.. Versions of all theirs are great.. We couldn find that much difference between each and every versions.

Is there a possibility that Apple hints for the new iPhone release date at the upcoming wwdc?

Regarding the name "iPhone 5", let's not forget the huge expectations from many of Apple's fans last fall (which went bust) when they were praying for an "iphone 5" rather than a possible "4S".

I don't think Apple would want to dissapoint their fans again this time, so it could very much be called the iPhone 5. On the other hand, if Apple does not want to remind its fans about how it didn't release the iPhone 5 last fall, it might just go with the new iPhone - just as it did with the iPad.

Regarding the superiority of the next-gen iPhone over the 4S - this is out of question. Especially now, when Steve Jobs is gone Apple will want to bring the next revolutionary "best phone ever made". I personally expect a load of new hardware (incl. larger screen) and what else not (3D?)...

P.S. I will be eager to see if there will be any split thinking in the way Apple fans accept the next iPhone - "the reformed new-thinkers" who embrace the next-gen iPhone vs. the old thinkers who only embrace the iPhone as created by Steve Jobs. ;)

Last edited:
Is there a possibility that Apple hints for the new iPhone release date at the upcoming wwdc?

No. At most we might get hints on features based on iOS 6 announcements.

Regarding the name "iPhone 5", let's not forget the huge expectations from many of Apple's fans last fall (which went bust) when they were praying for an "iphone 5" rather than a possible "4S".

You do realize that that iPhone 4S has been their most successful iPhone ever? The numbers sold make even the 4 look shabby.

I don't think Apple would want to dissapoint their fans again this time, so it could very much be called the iPhone 5. On the other hand, if Apple does not want to remind its fans about how it didn't release the iPhone 5 last fall, it might just go with the new iPhone - just as it did with the iPad.

Disappoint how? The tech writers and bloggers were the only people that complained. The actual users helped set a new record for first day sales.

Regarding the superiority of the next-gen iPhone over the 4S - this is out of question. Especially now, when Steve Jobs is gone Apple will want to bring the next revolutionary "best phone ever made". I personally expect a load of new hardware (incl. larger screen) and what else not (3D?)...

Steve Jobs wasn't the hold up. His vision was so far ahead of the ability of manufactures it took 4 years for them to catch up. The next iPhone might have a 3.85" to 4" screen at most. As for a lot of bells and whistles, go play with Android for say a year. Their phones have TONS of them. See how long you last before you switch back once you realize how bad their situation is right now.

yes I do ! :) I think we wont find out for a long time yet though. Next month at the wwdc apple will talk about ios as well so maybe a major update is on its way

What is this wwdc? Is this apple's event unveiling their new and upcoming toys (iphone 5)?

Thomasjtsi said:
Chuck... that's a difficult inqusition to put a finger on. No one will know what the difference between the 4S and the 5 until it's announced shortly before it's release. All we're going to here between now and then are rumors and BS. LOL!!

Yeah, we can't rely on rumors. People could guess all day long and not get it right. We won't know for sure until an official statement or release.

To the OP, I would recommend just waiting for the iPhone 5.

iPhone 4S - 16 GB/White/OtterBox Case

Skull One said:
As for a lot of bells and whistles, go play with Android for say a year. Their phones have TONS of them. See how long you last before you switch back once you realize how bad their situation is right now.

Me and another guy on Google+ was talking about this very thing, the HTC One X in fact. He likes it but hasn't completely given up his 4S. I told him the One X is tempting, but the fragmentation issues, and software problems on the Android platform are to great for me. iOS simply work! It's fluid, reliable, and consistent. Most of all it works for me, and I think the 4S is a pretty solid phone. In fact if it had LTE on board, I wouldn't consider upgrading AGAIN in October.

the thing about the wwdc is that apple have released a new major firmware update along with with a new device so for example with ios 2.0 we saw the iphone 3G released and with ios 3.0 the iphone 3GS and so on, but this was not the case for the iphone 4S as we all know so the June-July release date has changed and its not likely that we will see a new iphone this wwdc either but the one thing that has never changed, well at least in 5 years is that with a major ios update we have always seen a new iphone with it so from that information we can guess that when ios 6 is released we will also see a new device released at the same time, but as always with apple you never know until apple actually announce it themselves.

I think iPhone 5 is better than the iPhone 4s because it's feature are great like include Face Recognition Security, dual core processor, 4G network, extended Battery life, shatter proof touch screen, 64 GB external memory card, Good camera quality and also good sound quality.

Unicorns are better than horses in every way except one. Horses actually exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.