What's new

iphone 5 or 4s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck_bigalo

Reaction score
I have done a little reading and I'm curious if the iphone 5 will be any better than the 4s. I am due for an upgrade from my 3gs and wondering if it's worth waiting on the iphone 5. I've heard there may be no difference from the 4s, same iOS software. I'm curious if it will be 5g speed or not. Any answers would be much appreciated, I know it is difficult to say with the iphone 5 being so long before coming out.

Chuck_bigalo said:
I have done a little reading and I'm curious if the iphone 5 will be any better than the 4s. I am due for an upgrade from my 3gs and wondering if it's worth waiting on the iphone 5. I've heard there may be no difference from the 4s, same iOS software. I'm curious if it will be 5g speed or not. Any answers would be much appreciated, I know it is difficult to say with the iphone 5 being so long before coming out.

If you're 3GS is working good for ya then hold out for the 5. It's supposed to be mainly cosmetic upgrades from the 4S w/ a couple possible performance upgrades. 5G speed... there's simply no such thing. Since the recently release iPad 3/The iPad supports 4G LTE... the iPhone this year is almost certain to support the same.

When is your upgrade? If its this month or next.. just get the 4s. iPhone 5 will probably rease in the fall.

I've been up for an upgrade for quite some time now. I was waiting for the 5 last year when the 4 came out instead. Just would like to know if the differences between the 4s and 5 are worth waiting for.

I've been up for an upgrade for quite some time now. I was waiting for the 5 last year when the 4 came out instead. Just would like to know if the differences between the 4s and 5 are worth waiting for.
Chuck... that's a difficult inqusition to put a finger on. No one will know what the difference between the 4S and the 5 until it's announced shortly before it's release. All we're going to here between now and then are rumors and BS. LOL!!

The fact that people are still happy with their iPhone 3s and 4s make me believe that if an upgrade is in the fall.. you'll be happy either way.

If you're a jailbreaker, I would say go with the 4S. Its a good phone, jailbroken, and lots of people can help you with it. For the iPhone 5 you'll wait 6-7 months to get it and more than likley- several more months to get it jailbroken. Unless you just HAVE to stream video or search the web non-stop, that's a lot of hassle just for for 4g and "maybe" a little faster chip. There is also talk that it will come with a different power port so all of your docks and chargers etc will have to be replaced at additional cost.

The 4S is a pretty big jump from the 3GS either way.

Just my .02

Rik

iPhone 4S is good, and I don't believe the so called iPhone 5 will have a much improvement from iPhone 4S, that is just the iPad 2 to the new iPad.

if the past is anything to go by then this will also be the year of the re-design as well as lots of new hardware

Wish people would stop calling the next iphone the iphone 5 ' we have had 5 iphones so far ( 4s is the 5th model , so thats the iphone 5 ) next one will be called " the new iphone " like the pad lost its number , so will the iphone , which wont matter as if you put 2 iphone 3g and 3gs or iphone 4 and 4s face down all you see is the same look and one name iphone , no numbers after the iphone only that nasty text under the iphone name ( normally hidden by other phones under thier batteries )

That is true, the 4S is the 5th iphone so it would be the iphone 6th generation phone, what ever they decide to call it.. maybe 4GS since the device will likely have LTE, I doubt apple will call it the new iphone though

That is true, the 4S is the 5th iphone so it would be the iphone 6th generation phone, what ever they decide to call it.. maybe 4GS since the device will likely have LTE, I doubt apple will call it the new iphone though
dont you just love all the debate on what the next iPhone will be called,i can't wait to find out.

dont you just love all the debate on what the next iPhone will be called,i can't wait to find out.

yes I do ! :) I think we wont find out for a long time yet though. Next month at the wwdc apple will talk about ios as well so maybe a major update is on its way

It will be called simply "iPhone". Mainly because the developer kit calls the iPhone 4S a fourth gen phone but the public calls it the 5th gen model and they are tired of dealing with the misconceptions. Heck Apple revamped their entire website and removed almost every version number. Now you can only find, in a small subscript, the time frame it was introduced. All those changes were made within 96 hours of the introduction of the iPad (3rd Gen).

yes I do ! :) I think we wont find out for a long time yet though. Next month at the wwdc apple will talk about ios as well so maybe a major update is on its way
yes I'm sure you're right,meanwhile the debates will go on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.