What's new

Is iphone 5 Really Worth It?

notchstang92 said:
I just upgraded from the 4. I have Verizon. I had to sign a 2 year contract, pay a $30 upgrade fee plus loose my unlimited data and go to a 2GB. I only use .5 GB or less a month so I was ok w/ that to a point. The upgrade fee really pissed me off though. This is how Verizon will treat you if that's the carrier you have.

AT&T has the same fees.

I have a 5; I like it. I wouldn't say it was an epic improvement over a 4s, but I always upgrade when the new phones come out. I sell my old ones and usually break even.

Yes, it's worth it. Just for the better screen. And I don't mean size, the lower reflectivity and colors are amazing. And also the lighter weight, I can now put my phone in a breast pocket without it causing bad Imbalance.

I wouldn't bet against the iPhone 5S for the next iPhone. And if I were to hazard a guess on what they will say the S stands for, I'll go with Shopping.

Oh yeah, dig that old thread up. Thanks buddy. LOL
wink.png

*EDIT*

I just realized I actually called it back on 11/22/2011 for what the four bigs thing were going to be for the iPhone released in 2012.

Got the generation name of 5,1.
Got the name right for iPhone 5.
Got the CPU right.
Got the bigger screen right.

Maybe I can predict the future.....

Last edited:
I have to say, checking my emails and any websites on my iPhone 5 with the A6 chip and iOS6 is very fast even faster than doing it on my Win 7 PC and my PC is just a few years old, E8400, Core 2 DUO 3.00 GHZ, 4.00 Ram.