What's new

Buying a 4S or waiting for the 5

lksabanty

Reaction score
So currently I have a Droid X, and while the customization and everything was fun on Android for a while, I really want the organizational qualities of the iPhone. Now I had full on planned on somehow holding off on my April upgrade for the iPhone 5, but this past weekend my phone fell face down on to concrete, giving me a nice spider web-ish series of cracks that make the bottom left of the screen unreadable. The screen is still fully functional, even with Swype for texting. It just sucks to look at really. After a couple days I guess its not the worst thing it the world, as long as the cracks don't get worse and I can still text/perform basic functions.

While typing this I actually think I made up my mind haha. I guess my question now is, will the iPhone 5 be worth the wait? I've been following the rumors and everything. Is the Sept 12th pre-order date set? Would buying the 4S now be THAT bad? Or is the 5 really going to outshine it? Its not like the 4S will turn obselete in a month, its still a damn good phone. Do I suck it up and wait?

i would definitely wait,you will regret it if you dont i think.

Yeah,wait until the 5 release,then buy a 4 cheap cheap.Hehe.

i would definitely wait,you will regret it if you dont i think.
I totally agree. I bought an android phone on impulse a couple of years back and then regretted not waiting a month for the newer handset. If I didn't already have an iPhone 4S I would wait for the iPhone 5.

All depends on your disposable income or upgrade status.

I had my iPhone 4 stolen around 3 weeks ago and had no reservations about buying the 4s.

If the new iPhone ticks my wants and needs boxes then I'll buy it.

The buying and selling market has always remained strong in the Uk, so my 4s would go some to pay for a new iPhone anyway.

The longer you wait and think about it, the less sense it makes to buy a 4s.

wanting to buy iPhone 4S but then heard the news that iPhone 5 going to release soon so have to wait for that :)..

So i was wrong saying few weeks,it's only one week :)
rumour has it the announcement will be September 12th,no one knows for sure when iphone5 will be released,as usual its all rumour and speculation.....im thinking it will be October.....just a guess though :)

I would wait and see if all the talk about the 5 is what it is then make a decision on if swinging the price for it is worth it or if then the 4s would be a better purchase... Not saying the 5 isn't going to be a good phone but just how much of a difference they might be between the two... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net