What's new

iPhone 4S reviews

I noticed that my 4s speaker is louder then the iPhone 4.its has a much better sound quality

I can't believe how much better the 4s is compared to my 4!
First off it responds unbelievably fast compared to my 4. I have a all the signal bars inside my house when I used to have 1 maybe 2. It downloads over 3G at least twice as fast as my 4. And the photo and video quality looks better than my dslr camera
I have an iPhone 4s 64gb through AT+T.
I'm so glad I upgraded

RandyM said:
I can't believe how much better the 4s is compared to my 4!
First off it responds unbelievably fast compared to my 4. I have a all the signal bars inside my house when I used to have 1 maybe 2. It downloads over 3G at least twice as fast as my 4. And the photo and video quality looks better than my dslr camera
I have an iPhone 4s 64gb through AT+T.
I'm so glad I upgraded

How's the call and sound quality compared to the iPhone 4?

I did have an issue with making calls at first, I would have to select a contacts number twice before the phone would dial it but AT+T reactivate it and its fine now. Using the phone as a hand set the audio quality is the same as my iphone 4 which was good but on speaker phone the volume is much louder and not tinny sounding like the 4 was in my opinion.
I would say call and sound quality is better than my iphone 4 in speaker phone mode but about the same as a hand set

I got a chance to meet Siri in person today. She really is something, I really enjoyed our chat. And overall I like what I saw in the 4S. I wished they would have had some in stock and of course my eligibility for upgrade. I really like the white one though, I think I will stick to that color. And I will definitely get the next version otterbox defenders case. The silicon feels much more durable this time around. I can't wait, you all will hear my story in December unless I decide to get an unlocked version. Hopefully I'll be patient though, until then I'll be checking out everyone else's input.

The 4s is an awesome phone!
Faster speed
Fluid moment on screen
Stronger antenna
Great camera
Better sound quality

I'll add more as I continue to play with it. These are things that I noticed right of the bat.

I finally got to test the CDMA iPhone 4S in a pure 5 bar antenna setup. The wife's iPhone 4 went to 1 bar within 2 minutes of the death grip. My iPhone 4S held almost steady at 4 bars with a few tick overs to 3 before return to 4 almost immediately.

One things for sure it's much faster, and I have signal in places that I didn't have signal with my Inspire. And here's another look at those speeds.

Attachments

• $image-1717791571.jpg
    $image-1717791571.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 451
I have run some more test on my battery. I can run locations services, wi-fi, Bluetooth, and Siri and get about 7 to 8 hours battery life. That's with regular usage including a conversation here and there. As long as my phone isn't search for a signal I'm good. My iPhone 4 definitely had better battery life, but considering what's under the hood it's not bad. I still couldn't get this kind of battery life out my Inspire 4G with wi-fi, and Bluetooth off, and it had a signal core processor.

But my phonesuit elite will cover me on the battery life. Overall I'm satisfied.

Well i want to throw in my 2 cents worth here. I have been looking at the apple IPhones for a while now. My previous phone was an htc android phone. From day one when i bought that android i was not impressed with it. It was clitchy, and alot of times i had to pull the back off and pull the battery out then restart it for it to work right. Sometimes that wouldn't even work. I was at the mall trying to look something up on the internet on my android. It was not happening. Thing started doing weird stuff and all i could do it shut it off. I left the mall and drove right to verizon. I asked a ton of questions to the sales person, cause i have never owned an apple product before in my life. Even the sales person was pro android but he knew how i felt about the unstable system android. He told me in my situation i would probably be much happier with an IPhone 4s. So i upgraded right then and their.
I have had cell phones since 1992 and i can't say i have ever been so happy with a phone. I love this thing. 1st of all call clearity and connection is #1 on my list. I got at least 1 bar better then any of my previous phones that i had. Call clarity is like im standing in the same room talking to the person instead of being over the phone. 2 I have my email, facebook, other forums i belong to all comming to my phone now. 3 Not once have i had to shut off my phone to restart, Unlike the android i had. 4 Typing in a text message is alot nicer then other phones too, But now i have become lazy and i use Siri for my texting. OMG i love that feature. She is so helpful and does most everything i ask, only a couple of times she miss understood me and i didnt get the answer i was looking for. but at the same time i never had a personal assistant before so i am learning to. I could go on and on but i am still learning too. It took a little while for me to understand ICloud but i have it now and i like it alot. The only thing i bought for it was a extended battery/case. I heard the battery in the iphone 4s was not that great. Well actually its good for me and last me all day long. But i will keep the extended battery/case just to have for those times i use it heavy.
I don't think i write very good reviews but hopefully you all understand where i am coming from here.
I am one happy IPhone 4s owner

scotiez said:
Well i want to throw in my 2 cents worth here. I have been looking at the apple IPhones for a while now. My previous phone was an htc android phone. From day one when i bought that android i was not impressed with it. It was clitchy, and alot of times i had to pull the back off and pull the battery out then restart it for it to work right. Sometimes that wouldn't even work. I was at the mall trying to look something up on the internet on my android. It was not happening. Thing started doing weird stuff and all i could do it shut it off. I left the mall and drove right to verizon. I asked a ton of questions to the sales person, cause i have never owned an apple product before in my life. Even the sales person was pro android but he knew how i felt about the unstable system android. He told me in my situation i would probably be much happier with an IPhone 4s. So i upgraded right then and their.
I have had cell phones since 1992 and i can't say i have ever been so happy with a phone. I love this thing. 1st of all call clearity and connection is #1 on my list. I got at least 1 bar better then any of my previous phones that i had. Call clarity is like im standing in the same room talking to the person instead of being over the phone. 2 I have my email, facebook, other forums i belong to all comming to my phone now. 3 Not once have i had to shut off my phone to restart, Unlike the android i had. 4 Typing in a text message is alot nicer then other phones too, But now i have become lazy and i use Siri for my texting. OMG i love that feature. She is so helpful and does most everything i ask, only a couple of times she miss understood me and i didnt get the answer i was looking for. but at the same time i never had a personal assistant before so i am learning to. I could go on and on but i am still learning too. It took a little while for me to understand ICloud but i have it now and i like it alot. The only thing i bought for it was a extended battery/case. I heard the battery in the iphone 4s was not that great. Well actually its good for me and last me all day long. But i will keep the extended battery/case just to have for those times i use it heavy.
I don't think i write very good reviews but hopefully you all understand where i am coming from here.
I am one happy IPhone 4s owner

I understand you well. Welcome to iOS, and enjoy!

Overall, I think the 4S would be a great upgrade from 3G and 3GS models. iPhone 4 owner would have to decide whether they would think a big enough upgrade. The only difference between the 4 and 4S are:
Better antenna on 4S (death grip no long an issue!)
Dual core processor (A5 chip) vs. single core processor (A4 chip in iPhone 4)
Siri
8MP Camera and it's functionality
Faster speeds (supports AT&T's HSPA+ 3G overhaul)

The only con is the battery life. 200 hour idle time, 8 hrs talk time. But that's to be excepted with upgraded specs. iPhone 4 users would probably want to wait for the iPhone 5 since it will probably be released this summer. But I really like the 4S and I had a iPhone 4' so the 4S is definitely better except the battery life. But you can buy a Mophie, Phonesuit elite, or a Boost case that will add extra life to your battery and look stylish at the same time.

Mophie 1500 mAh battery $80
phonesuit elite 2100 mAh battery $80
Boost case 2200 mAh battery $59
I have the phonesuit elite case, had I known about the Boost case I would gotten it instead since it has the bigger battery for nearly half the price! Plus the phonesuit and boost cases have similar construction.

p3unit32 said:
Overall, I think the 4S would be a great upgrade from 3G and 3GS models. iPhone 4 owner would have to decide whether they would think a big enough upgrade. The only difference between the 4 and 4S are:
Better antenna on 4S (death grip no long an issue!)
Dual core processor (A5 chip) vs. single core processor (A4 chip in iPhone 4)
Siri
8MP Camera and it's functionality
Faster speeds (supports AT&T's HSPA+ 3G overhaul)

The only con is the battery life. 200 hour idle time, 8 hrs talk time. But that's to be excepted with upgraded specs. iPhone 4 users would probably want to wait for the iPhone 5 since it will probably be released this summer. But I really like the 4S and I had a iPhone 4' so the 4S is definitely better except the battery life. But you can buy a Mophie, Phonesuit elite, or a Boost case that will add extra life to your battery and look stylish at the same time.

Mophie 1500 mAh battery $80
phonesuit elite 2100 mAh battery $80
Boost case 2200 mAh battery $59
I have the phonesuit elite case, had I known about the Boost case I would gotten it instead since it has the bigger battery for nearly half the price! Plus the phonesuit and boost cases have similar construction.

I have the mophie juice pack plus, it's a 2000mAh battery. But it's the same size as the 1500 one.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

scotiez said:
I have the mophie juice pack plus, it's a 2000mAh battery. But it's the same size as the 1500 one.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Yes, I was in Best Buy earlier. They have the Mophie Air case, I like that design better then the Mophie case I got from the Apple Store. I'm starting to see all kinds of battery cases for the iPhone now, but I'm good with my phonesuit elite case.