What's new

6 not so well known improvements of the iPhone 4S

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
4-4s-cjr.jpg

The iPhone 4S hasn’t been out long but most people probably think they’re quite the expert when it comes to it. The majority of people know that what makes the iPhone 4S different from its predecessors is the new 8 megapixel camera, the powerful A5 processor and the helpful buddy Siri. But apart from that, there are hidden design gems waiting for your inquisitive mind to come and dig them up. Here’s a list of them if your already wondering what you’ve been missing out on:

1. A better antenna – Apple has claimed that the iPhone 4S is the first phone to intelligently switch between two antennas to send and receive. The redesigned antenna also allows for better reception and faster wireless data speed

2. Different arrangement of controls – So, because the antenna has been re-designed and the antenna gaps have been shifted around it’s natural that the controls have been changed around. The 4S’s four gaps are arranged symmetrically on each side. The mute switch and volume controls can now be found downward in the direction of the dock connector. This means that the cases designed for iPhone 4 won’t fit with the iPhone 4s, and that includes bumper cases.

3. Quiet Vibration Motor – the motor is an updated version of the one used in CDMA iPhone 4 on Verizon, therefore Apple opted for a linear oscillator vibrator which turns out to be quieter, softer and all-around less stressful than the predecessor.

4. Better audio – The first thing users might notice concerning audio is that the speaker in the iPhone 4S is so much louder, and is able to produce more quality sounds in higher clarity. Music and games decently sound much better on the iPhone 4S.

5. Bluetooth 4.0 – was announced in April last year, and expands the wireless abilities to many kind of products making the iPhone compatible with a whole new category of low-energy devices. Remember the time when you had Bluetooth only on your phone and laptop? Well now you can have it on everything that has a battery, like your watch or medical bracelet.

6. Video mirroring – the mirroring features lets you watch and play video games/music from your phone to an external display like TVs, monitors and projectors.

Source: TUAW

"The mute switch and volume controls can now be found downward in the direction of the dock connector. This means that the cases designed for iPhone 4 won’t fit with the iPhone 4s, and that includes bumper cases"

All my cases are for iphone 4 and they fit fine............I was at sprint store and held both the 4 and 4s in my hand, the volume and mute are in the same spot...where did this come from?

abrisbin said:
"The mute switch and volume controls can now be found downward in the direction of the dock connector. This means that the cases designed for iPhone 4 won’t fit with the iPhone 4s, and that includes bumper cases"

All my cases are for iphone 4 and they fit fine............I was at sprint store and held both the 4 and 4s in my hand, the volume and mute are in the same spot...where did this come from?

The silent & volume buttons are positioned the same as the CDMA 4. It's the GSM 4 that the 4S buttons are different from.

The volumes Keys on the iPhone 4S are at the same position as the iPhone 4, only the mute button on the iPhone 4S is downward a bit compare to the iPhone 4, depend on the case you were using for your iPhone 4, your iPhone 4S is likely to fit in your iPhone 4 case.

That's because maybe the person who started this thread didn't research it but probably pulled it from a yahoo forum. Hidden gems are to be found agreed but what has been highlighted are not correct!

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 using Tapatalk

tbh what i have seen/read of the 4s don't float my boat to hate my 4 enough to move over, i'd wait for the next version 4gs or 5 'lite'? or maybe until the iPhone 10 stella?

Dear iHolophyte
"That's because maybe the person who started this thread didn't research it but probably pulled it from a yahoo forum. Hidden gems are to be found agreed but what has been highlighted are not correct"

It came from this site under Iphone news................​

Seriously? What do you base this on? Do you know who the OP is? I believe his source was listed and it wasn't a yahoo forum.

Blimey chill ya boots. I have no idea what OP is by the way. Abbreviations are used far too much these days. I was simply pointing out that to point out some facts there are not quite what the iPhone 4s actually does should need some more research rather than off a forum possibly like yahoo because after all have you read some of the tosh that yahoo waffles on about! And as the person above you points out it came from apple itself apparently so my apologies for speaking! I'll hush my boots!

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 using Tapatalk