What's new

iPhone 4S reviews

Jamesdog. Let me say this. A warranty is not insurance. Also why pay $10 more- Ensquared provides to year cover for $89.99 and there is 3 separate claims, each worth $1000 per claim over the 2 year term.

You should spend 5 minutes comparing and you will see that this is not about movie tickets but the best coverage. Don't buy the warranty you posted about!

http://www.ensquared.com/iPhone_Insurance_Reviews

Wicked said it, nice test. Something's I wanted to here was covered in your post. However CDMA and GSM versions have different antenna configurations. I wonder how that will affect the AT&T version?

Actually it works exactly the same since it uses the same exact antennas just utilizing a different set of freqs and protocols.

Ok, I have done a little more testing to see if I can find any major differences in behavior due to the dual core CPU and GPU.

My first thought was in testing games to see if the faster frame rates could induce a different behavior in the game. Unfortunately every test I ran was invalid due to the game requiring input from the physical gyros and accelerometers. Because the phones have very minor quirks I could never "zero out" the three axis perfectly. And the games ended up reacting to those slight differences and causing different results.

I finally was able to use Peggle to do a clean test. But since Peggle never pushed the FPS to being with, I could only check to see if the exact balls would be hit on both iPhones. The good news is, it was a dead on match. Hopefully I will find a more GPU intensive game to test in the future to prove my theories better.

Boot up and shutdown tests were next. Shutdown was nearly a tie with less than a seconds difference. Which is really to be expected. And since the phones were loaded with the same restore data, I was able to get a very clean test of boot up times. The iPhone 4S booted in 30 seconds and the iPhone 4 booted in 43 seconds. While I have seen videos with different split times, I believe it was because the tester didn't truly sync the two phones to the same restore or introduced another variable like having a SIM in one phone but not the other.

The biggest thing I perceive about the 4S is that iOS 5 is segmented to run on one core while the user app in foreground is loaded in the other core. I can't prove this yet logically. So at present, consider this an "opinion".

Thanks skull for your input so far. Is there anyone else?

What about 3G download speeds of the two phones? What loads faster on the internet? Etc.

I am becoming more and more frustrated. After 3 unsuccessful calls to Apple with one lasting over 2 hours I still cannot get this phone to sync, or iMessage between devices. Yes, ALL my settings are correct but No One seems to know what's the problem and as a result I'm conveniently being disconnected. I've been escalated to the Sr. Advisors and still nothing. Unfortunately there is no apple store where I stay so again I'm stuck.
Maybe someone here can help me :-(

blessed said:
I am becoming more and more frustrated. After 3 unsuccessful calls to Apple with one lasting over 2 hours I still cannot get this phone to sync, or iMessage between devices. Yes, ALL my settings are correct but No One seems to know what's the problem and as a result I'm conveniently being disconnected. I've been escalated to the Sr. Advisors and still nothing. Unfortunately there is no apple store where I stay so again I'm stuck.
Maybe someone here can help me :-(

Are you sure you're setting are right? And that you have the settings set for each device to sync?

What about 3G download speeds of the two phones? What loads faster on the internet? Etc.

Because the 3G towers where I live are overcrowded, that what I get for living in a metroplex, I can not think of a good way to test this at present. I do hope one day I can get out into the sticks so I can do testing. But from work or my house, I just can't make a good judgement call.

Now I do plan to do WiFi testing soon. Which will help me test how well the 4S vs 4 handles a 25 mbit wireless connection. This will allow me to see if Apple adjusted anything in that arena.

I live in South East Florida and I must say the 4s (in my opinion) is Great! I had no issues setting up the phone even as I had to swap phone numbers before I used it (bought phone under husbands number). I sold my 4 a couple of weeks ago and when I backed it up from iTunes I got everything set up as before.

I was talking in a busy supermarket that had given me problems before and the call quality was great.
The phone is noticeably faster than the 4. Outside my home web pages loaded much faster.

The camera is one of the reasons I upgraded and the macro feature is great. Photo stream works good but keep in mind you CANNOT DELETE PHOTOS from your photo stream album. I took pictures last night outside and they came out great.

Siri. Although I had problems Friday night I chalk that up to congestion. It works fine now. . So fine my husband thinks it's now time for his first iPhone purchase! It is so fabulous! But what is even greater is the fact that I don't have to type emails and text messages any longer. Siri is truly my personal assistant! Just remember to dictate and say out loud a period. Or ! Or ? If you say the punctuation out loud it will magically appear in your text. Awesome!

My only confusion is iCLoud backup. I don't use outlook I use google contacts. When I entered a new contact on my iPad it synced to my phone. Now I need it to sync to google. Any help would be appreciated.

So I am so excited about this new phone. The iPhone 3GS to 4 was a good move but for my needs the jump from the 4 to the 4s was a great move!

schoff0310 said:
I live in South East Florida and I must say the 4s (in my opinion) is Great! I had no issues setting up the phone even as I had to swap phone numbers before I used it (bought phone under husbands number). I sold my 4 a couple of weeks ago and when I backed it up from iTunes I got everything set up as before.

I was talking in a busy supermarket that had given me problems before and the call quality was great.
The phone is noticeably faster than the 4. Outside my home web pages loaded much faster.

The camera is one of the reasons I upgraded and the macro feature is great. Photo stream works good but keep in mind you CANNOT DELETE PHOTOS from your photo stream album. I took pictures last night outside and they came out great.

Siri. Although I had problems Friday night I chalk that up to congestion. It works fine now. . So fine my husband thinks it's now time for his first iPhone purchase! It is so fabulous! But what is even greater is the fact that I don't have to type emails and text messages any longer. Siri is truly my personal assistant! Just remember to dictate and say out loud a period. Or ! Or ? If you say the punctuation out loud it will magically appear in your text. Awesome!

My only confusion is iCLoud backup. I don't use outlook I use google contacts. When I entered a new contact on my iPad it synced to my phone. Now I need it to sync to google. Any help would be appreciated.

So I am so excited about this new phone. The iPhone 3GS to 4 was a good move but for my needs the jump from the 4 to the 4s was a great move!

So the call quality is better, which carrier do you have?

schoff0310 said:
I'm not sure about that!

Well how does it sound? Is it still hard to hear people, like you have to have the speaker volume all the way up to hear?