What's new

iPhone 4 Jailbreak

I think It was never clear wheather or not jailbreaking was legal or illegal, it was kind of a grey area, Now that it is legal, It is still illegal to install hacked apps, only 3rd party apps that apple didnt approve.
I Agree, Apple should just ship the iphone pre jailbroken, but we know that will never happen and even though jailbreaking is legal now, apple will probably just try harder to make there phones and new firmwares jailbreak proof, just to proove a point.
What I dont understand Is that a jailbroken phone will appeal to more buyers thus more sales for apple as users are not locked into buying only what is availiable via the app store.
For me Iblacklist is also one of my major apps along with a couple of utilities not approved by apple.
So If Steve Jobs does not get his head out of his A.. all the other smart phones are going to catchup and pass the Iphone and he will be facing bankrupcy again just like how he screwedup with the apple macs.....

yes it was a grey area apple was saying about the copying or changing the files. but it still did not stop people doing it. and even though its legal they will still void your warranty they just dont want you to do it because of all the trouble it will bring them its just easier for them like this. maybe? with all the complaints they get now to allow any app. i mean even the app store as we see have apps that dont do what they say and in his conference he said that was one of the reasons they need to approve the apps so they see the app does what it says it does. now when app store cant even provide that then what good is this stupid approval system.. though they also make sure the app wont mess your phone up...

i also wait for the day they add bluetooth file transfer

just a quick one guys in regards to the latest Cydia jailbreak for the 4.0.1 system. I had this done a week ago and its all been going great until a friend of mine supidly decided to add the iphonedelivery.advinux.com/cydia/ onto the phone. Since then Im unable to send mms or video call the icons have seemed to have vanished from the phone. lets just say this friend of mine is no longer touching my phone :(
Any help would be great help as I dont want to do a restore on i tunes as it will also update me to the 4.0.2 wich from what I know cannot be jailbroken.

just a quick one guys in regards to the latest Cydia jailbreak for the 4.0.1 system. I had this done a week ago and its all been going great until a friend of mine supidly decided to add the iphonedelivery.advinux.com/cydia/ onto the phone. Since then Im unable to send mms or video call the icons have seemed to have vanished from the phone. lets just say this friend of mine is no longer touching my phone :(
Any help would be great help as I dont want to do a restore on i tunes as it will also update me to the 4.0.2 wich from what I know cannot be jailbroken.

4.0.2 has been jailbroken but dev team dont want to release the jailbreak for a firmware that has nothing new just to stop the jailbreak, seems stupid to release it. only ones who benefit is apple

Since the dev team said that only apple would benefit from a jailbreak for version 4.0.2 I've been asking myself why this is...
you seem to understand, please tell me! What are the benefits for apple?

Since the dev team said that only apple would benefit from a jailbreak for version 4.0.2 I've been asking myself why this is...

the benefits are that apple can see what method the dev team used to jailbreak and they can fill the hole and stop the jailbreak working, then dev team have to find another way to jailbreak the device so as you can see this benefits only apple, hope that makes sense

the benefits are that apple can see what method the dev team used to jailbreak and they can fill the hole and stop the jailbreak working, then dev team have to find another way to jailbreak the device so as you can see this benefits only apple, hope that makes sense

Yes, cause the 4.0.2 was such a tiny iOS update, only thing that got updated was the jailbrake. So there is no need to update from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2, but there much more in v.4.1.

i updated and now cannot use the jailbreak (i would not have updated had i known this). Is there a way to downgrade back to 4.0.1?

yes this makes sense paliometoxo but... actually, I don't see why apple cares about people jailbreaking their phones,they already got lots of money for it!

yes this makes sense paliometoxo but... actually, I don't see why apple cares about people jailbreaking their phones,they already got lots of money for it!

i dont get it either, but they say so that ppl get apps that say what they do and cracked apps and other rubbish about it slowing down the phone.. i dont know why they care so much either, its lots of rubbish. but slowly they have been adding features that where once not there simple things like mms and background pics.

i updated and now cannot use the jailbreak (i would not have updated had i known this). Is there a way to downgrade back to 4.0.1?

just wait for 4.1 and the jb that will come with it.. its only jailbreak ;)

I had the similar question a few days ago. while attempting to look the solution I stumbled upon a way to get a free 4g iphone from theiphone4tools.tk! the phone is coming in 4 days and I can't wait!

I had the similar question a few days ago. while attempting to look the solution I stumbled upon a way to get a free 4g iphone from ******! the phone is coming in 4 days and I can't wait!

whats that got to do with jailbreak?

I had the similar question a few days ago. while attempting to look the solution I stumbled upon a way to get a free 4g iphone from theiphone4tools.tk! the phone is coming in 4 days and I can't wait!

At this point there is no iphone 4g? There is talk of a iphone 5 coming out in july of 2011 that is going to be 4g, but that is a long ways away.
And I do believe its going to be a CDMA version for Verizon. I cant wait to see if they can even jailbreak that verizon version.....

i have a huge problem!!!
my iphone 4 was jailbroken for t-mobile then i didn't know and upgraded to 4.0.2 and now i can't use it anymore. is there a way i can downgrade it or perhaps just jailbreak it again??? HELPPP what to do????