What's new

Iphone 1st generation, running 1.1 software

Bobik

Reaction score
Ok. I have a friend and she's got iphone 1st gen, running 1.1.. something firmware. Are those even jailbreakble or Unlockable??? if yes with what software and is it safe to load a higher software on that phone?

yes they can be jailbroken and unlocked its 1.1.4 probably but even ziphone will unlock and jailbreak that firmware, but i advice sing winpwn or a similar application, that phone is so old though, im surprised it still has 1.1.4 fw on it :O

but yeah its always jailbreakable and unlockable on any firmware and baseband...

ok so. if I jailbreak with ziphone, what is the app store looks like, name? I mean like cidia on a 3gs what its called on a 2g? Also are the apps gonna be different from the new 3gs jailbreak?

Also why does 2g doesn't have an original app store?

no idea... i would just upgrade the iphone to latest firmware and put on cydia

no idea... i would just upgrade the iphone to latest firmware and put on cydia

So if she decides to upgrade will I have to do the shift+restore and load the 3.1 myself or if I plug it in to the itunes it will load to the latest for the 2G or it will load the famous 4.1?

no, apple forgot about the iphone 1st gen it does not have any of the 4.XX firmware so the latest firmware for that iphone is 3.1.3... it will never get another firmware update.. thats it for the 1st gen iphone

no, apple forgot about the iphone 1st gen it does not have any of the 4.XX firmware so the latest firmware for that iphone is 3.1.3... it will never get another firmware update.. thats it for the 1st gen iphone

So I can just plug it in and upgrade to the latest 3.1.3, then jailbreakand unlock with redsnow or something

So I can just plug it in and upgrade to the latest 3.1.3, then jailbreakand unlock with redsnow or something

yup....

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Windows)

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7430

I see. thanks. I never owned the 1st gen. So i don't know those things