What's new

SB Reset can't run

GigaG

Reaction score
OK, so I have 2 iPod touches - a 4th gen running 4.3.3, and a 1st gen running 3.1.3 . I jailbroke the 1st gen - my parents will not let me jailbreak the 4th gen until the warranty expires in April. Until then, I'll tweak the 1st gen. However, when I go to reset SpringBoard, it will give me the loading sign - and keep loading. Once, I downloaded a jailbreak app, reset SB, and when I came back next evening, the spinning "loading" symbol was still spinning. Eventually, I have to reboot the iPod - a real pain in the behind. Is there a way to stop SB from being so sluggish?

This tends to happen on older devices for some reason. Just perform a hard reset. Hold the Power and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears and you should be resprung and ready to go.

I know - can I avoid this? And what is the newest device that does load without rebooting?

You should tell your parents that apart from updating your baseband to the iPad baseband there is no way to permanently void your warranty by jailbreaking :p

You should tell your parents that apart from updating your baseband to the iPad baseband there is no way to permanently void your warranty by jailbreaking :p

My parents do not really understand. BTW, what is the iPad baseband? IDK what u mean?

The iPad baseband is an unlockable baseband that you can install on the 3G or 3Gs if you have updated to a baseband that is not unlockable. Updating to that baseband is the ONLY way that you can permanently void your warranty. Whatever else you do to your phone can be reversed simply by restoring it and they will never know that you were jailbroken.

^ 2 things - it is not a phone - it is an ipod touch. Second, what if there is a hardware failure (say, the CPU or even the power button). Then what do i do? That is what my parents are worried about. BTW, what is a baseband?

Jailbreaking does not cause any issues like that. Baseband is the firmware for the modem. Since it's an iPod Touch there is absolutely no possible way for you to permanently void your warranty.

^ I know jailbreaking itself can't do that, but what if the failure occurs coincidentally?