What's new

My jailbreak just died!

Hungryghost

Reaction score
Ok so last night I finally restored my phone to 5.0 and rejailbroke with redsnow 9.10 untethered.Previously I have been stuck on 4.2.1 with greenpois0n and very happy with it.
So today I have been slowly adding back my cydia apps one by one. I have been slightly underwhelmed by the new features of ios5 to be honest...a few nice tweaks like being able to use phone while syncing...and the way locknfo and SBsettings integrate with notifications.
I felt a bit lost in my file system as it seemed to have changed quite a bit;got iBooks working again.

Anyway I was trying to install an app called Pasteboardstacker, it comes down as part of SBsettings window. It was causing my phone to go into safe mode as I no longer had SBsettings window but a combined notifications window. Rather than sensibly deleting it (it is really useful, lets you have multiple clipboard entries at once to copy/paste) I decided to see if making SB settings seperate again would make it work. Big mistake!

When I resprang, my phone hung at apple logo (another thing I miss is greenpoison bootlogo). I hard reset and eventually it came to life...minus all my jailbreak apps!.
Hmmm.

I thought that maybe I needed to boot tethered for some reason. I had had a problem with something earlier and this had helped. Nothing. hung at the Pwnapple instead of apple.

Ok...tried rejailbreaking. Went most of way through...then came up with ERROR at end of verbose boot.

I am now in process of restoring in iTunes again. Pain in arse really, I need my ipod for work tonight. If it happens again I'm going back to 4.2.1. I have a firmware made from my blobs by iFaith.

I suppose its my fault for not accepting the wise judgement of mobile substrate.

From what I've been told, the untether doesn't work properly on 5.0 and requires 5.0.1. That might have caused your problem.

sorry I was on 5.01....don't know why I wrote that....I think I was meaning ios5 as opposed to ios4! I have rejailbroken and everything is fine. I think the problem stemmed from the fact that lock info and notification stacker both have options for SBsettings sp there is like three apps working together and I tried to throw in a fourth (Pasteboard stacker) which uses SBsettings and carried on trying even after it went into safe mode. Basically it just crashed. I've never known it crash so catastrophically before. Be a bit more careful in future cos its an unbelievablely lengthy pain installing everything again twice in two days. #
Warming to Ios 5.01 now anyway. Gonna miss old pasteboard stacker tho...and safari download manager(found an alternative but it is cruder)