What's new

new needs a step by step guide

hurricanes52

Reaction score
after google i found no help. i currently acquired an i phone 3g running 3.1 with modem firmware 05.11.07. i have heard any 4.xx software doesnt play nice with iphone 3g. so how do i upgrade to 3.1.3? i tunes wants to update it to 4.2 i dont want tht, and im sure it wont preserve my baseband. any help is appreciated. i have the 3.1.3 ipsw downloaded but have no idea how to load it on my phone. also once i figure to load it, the baseband will stay the same. so what if just use green poison to jailbreak, install cydia and use ultrasn0w to unlock. will that work?

To use the 3.1.3 firmware simply hold shift while clicking restore in iTunes.

The 3.1.3 firmware will have an updated baseband but I think it can still be unlocked. As I've said to you before please double check yourself. Any baseband version 5.12.xx can be unlocked 5.13.xx can't.

If you wish to preserve your baseband to gaurntee your unlock you can use a programe called pwnage tool if you have a mac or snowbreeze for PC. If you find you need to use the iPad baseband I think either pwnage tool or snowbreeze can do it or I think redsnow still can...