What's new

Complicated problem need a complicated answer..

jqube

Reaction score
hi!!
i got an iphone 4.. originally its was IOS 4.1, baseband 2.10.04, but the blob is 6.01, and softbank japan locked so i cannot upgrade my baseband..
first i did was save the blob by Tiny Umbrella 6.01.01 and identified iphone4 6.01 (10A523)
then i use Redsnow 0.9.15b3 to save my baseband.. after that i use snowbreeze 2.9.7 to create a 4.3.3 custom IPSW..
then i use snowbreeze IReb to by pass the error on itunes (1600).. i use TU server to bypass the itunes (3194)
finally i use itunes latest version 11.XX to restore the snowbreeze custom IPSW..
after that i got many errors then it finally installed the 4.3.3 firmware and preserve my baseband after 6 hours... got a big luck!!
but i got DFU loop and even sometimes my LCD lights when out.. doing recovery and just boot at redsnow fix the prob.. but my phone turn to DFU mode again and again when it was on standby mode so installed firmware is was a success but not stable..

then i read somewhere at google that itunes 11 inject some code to put DFU loop in iphone4.. i was advice to use itunes 10.2 then i restore my iphone again to 4.3.3
and use itunes 10.2.. my problem now i was stuck in error (37) and it got my LCD lights off.. no matter how many times i restore it error 37 pops up at 99%..
even if i restore the original firmware of 4.3.3 it also stuck at (37)

my suspect error on 37 is that my blob was in 6.01.. i dont want to be on IOS 6.01.. and i have to preserve my baseband to enable the use of GEVEY sim..
any advise would help me alot.. thanks!!!

You cannot restore to 4.3.3 unless you have saved blobs for 4.3.3 firmware.... You seem to have only saved blobs for 6.0.1

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

My advice is to not use RedSn0w with Sn0wBreeze. Use one or the other. RedSn0w is a must in my opinion. You don't need Sn0wBreeze to create custom IPSW. RedSn0w does that as well and it has less bugs and flaws compared to Sn0wBreeze. Many custom IPSW and upgrading/downgrading that's done by Sn0wBreeze results in bricks, errors and corrupting what was working before for no apparent reason. RedSn0w keeps it simple.

Error 37 is a Sn0wBreeze linked error. It's either that the IPSW from Sn0wBreeze is corrupted (known for its corrupted file) or that the patching didn't apply correctly.

Download the IPSW that matches your device. Since you're using a Gevey SIM, make sure your IPSW header is iPhone3,1, which identifies it as the iPhone 4 GSM. Download the latest version of RedSn0w. Connect your iPhone to your PC,and run RedSn0w as admin. On the main screen, check on the bottom of the screen and make sure that it sees your iPhone, which should read something like iPhone 4 <Softbank> or someting like that. Go to Extras > Custom IPSW (Preserve Baseband). Point it to the IPSW for the iOS that you're trying to upgrade to and let it stitch the custom firmware.

After the stitching is done, put it into DFU mode. Make sure that RedSn0w recognizes it in DFU mode, to check this, go back to the main screen of RedSn0w, and on the bottom, it should say something like iPhone 4 <Softbank> (DFU mode). As long as you see the DFU mode there, you're good to go. Then go to Extras > Even More > Restore. Select IPSW and point it to the custom IPSW that you just made. For blobs, select Local and point it to the blobs that you saved using TinyUmbrella. Let it restore. Done/

Willerz2
Ure like all thing jb, where do get this stuff.. I think I may want some too! HELP!!