What's new

IOS 5.0.1 CFW update error

shahzadashraf30

Reaction score
i have created a custom firmware with snowbreeze of ios5.0.1 while preserving baseband, got iDevice in PAWNED-DFU mode with iReb.
but when restoring through iTunes comes, itunes stucks on verifying restore with apple and then error 16xx popups. tried with latest iReb for PWNED-DFU but no luck. Help

Iphone 4 (16GB)
baseband 1.59.00

Try using redsn0w to enter Pwned-DFU mode. Also make sure your iTunes is up to date and that you aren't blocking Apple servers in your hosts file.

i haven't edited the host server files. so i blev that servers aren't blocked.

Try using redsn0w to enter Pwned-DFU mode. Also make sure your iTunes is up to date and that you aren't blocking Apple servers in your hosts file.

i tried redsnow PWNED DFU thing but its also not working. i disabled my norton 360. 1602 was covered but than "prepairing iphone for restore" than an error popup "1601". now i dnt knw wat the heck is this. i am trying everything possible since morning but its failing :(
I do have created a CFW with redsnow while preserving baseband but i dnt want to gv it a shot coz sm1 advised me here to stay away from redsnow if i want to unlck my device.
help plzzzzzzz

iTunes is upto dated (10.5.2) and i found two host files on my drive (named as [hosts, hosts.umbrella] and both states
74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
#127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
i tried my best to figure out wether hosts are block or not, thats all info i got. any other sugestions.
i more thing this is not about pwned dfu coz i tried in simple dfu mode "error1600" occurs and in pwned-dfu mode it works fine. now its stucking at "prepairing iphone to restore".

:((

Thanx bro. problem sorted. Running now IOS 5.0.1 (Corona Untethered). Thnx to ur help

i Have The Same Problem that our friend had , But I Didnt get what is the solution of the problem , Someone please help me, what i should do? Im Sick of this im trying for 5 hours!
I'm A newbie Btw.

Last edited: