What's new

Jailbreak/Unlock problems

klees45

Reaction score
I've got a broken power button and am trying to enter dfu mode thru itunes with my custom ipsw, but keep recieving an error, it's a 3GS and I've made multiple Enter_DFU's 5.1.1 (9B206) with different versions of redsnow, the error message is "could not be restored because the firmware is not supported, could it be the 6.15.00 baseband? How do I fix this? Thanks

You need your SHSH blobs before thinking about restoring to 5.1.1..

It's best to downgrade the iPad baseband before restoring to prevent bricking. That shouldn't come up with an error since the baseband check doesn't kick in til the near end of the restore process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

Thanks for the info but I'm not quite sure what you mean by blobs, and what should I downgrade my baseband too? Is the baseband a necessity for keeping it unlocked and jailbroken? It seems I'd have to downgrade to get it in dfu then go back to 6.15.00 to keep it running on my carrier.

Thanks for the info but I'm not quite sure what you mean by blobs, and what should I downgrade my baseband too? Is the baseband a necessity for keeping it unlocked and jailbroken? It seems I'd have to downgrade to get it in dfu then go back to 6.15.00 to keep it running on my carrier.

Blobs are basically signatures from Apple that verifies and allows iOS to run on your device. There is only 1 baseband you can ever downgrade to, and it only applies or the 3GS on the iPad baseband, and that baseband is 05.13.04, only downgradeable using RedSn0w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 