What's new

Stuck in DFU Mode

You can also try semaphore's command line version http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/downloads/fixrecovery-win.zip#

Extract the files to your desktop and take fixrecovery43.exe out of the folder and put it directly on your desktop. Put your device in DFU mode and then open command prompt in administrator mode(hit start and then type "cmd" right-click cmd.exe and select "run as administrator") then in command prompt navigate to your desktop folder and type "fixrecovery43.exe" and it should exploit.

Last edited:
Restore a custom 5.0.1 firmware using sn0wbreeze 2.8b11 iH8sn0w.com use the baseband preservation only mode. If that successfully restores, then try to downgrade back to 4.3.3. Or stay on 5.0.1 if you don't mind the tethered jailbreak. Also, you don't need to use TinyTSS to restore 5.0.1 just make sure you're on the latest version of iTunes and there's no references to gs.apple.com in your hosts file. I'll check back in tomorrow, 3AM here

thanks a ton. I'll update you here about any updates. lets hope it works out in 4.3.3 only.

Finally it's DONE :)
I saw this option of custom IPSW in redsn0w so I thought I should give it a try as well after failing from sn0wbreeze so many times. So redsn0w made a custom iOS 4.3.3 IPSW preserving the baseband only. I restored via iTunes and wow it booted to the springboard :)
now it's working normal except for the fact that Cydia is giving operation timed out errors while downloading packages but I can live with that for now.
Thanks a ton Jmills87 for your help :) I don't know much about iPhoneForumes.net so if there's anyway I can rate you as a pro member do let me know lol. really appreciate your help.
I am so not upgrading to iOS 5.0.1 again! hell no!

Finally it's DONE :)
I saw this option of custom IPSW in redsn0w so I thought I should give it a try as well after failing from sn0wbreeze so many times. So redsn0w made a custom iOS 4.3.3 IPSW preserving the baseband only. I restored via iTunes and wow it booted to the springboard :)
now it's working normal except for the fact that Cydia is giving operation timed out errors while downloading packages but I can live with that for now.
Thanks a ton Jmills87 for your help :) I don't know much about iPhoneForumes.net so if there's anyway I can rate you as a pro member do let me know lol. really appreciate your help.
I am so not upgrading to iOS 5.0.1 again! hell no!
Happy that you've got it going. I've been watching your thread all night in hopes that I might be able to shed some light into anything. Jmills87 is very helpful when it come to these types of situations. And don't worry... he's already one of our "Pro Members!!" LOL!

It sure can, scared the **** out of me lol

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net