What's new

iOS5 upgrade failure, iPhone4

greyparrot

Reaction score
I'm getting this error message after the install progresses to the point it verify's the file with Apple.

$iPhone 2011-10-12 at 2.51.jpg

Also, I get the same error message on my iPad 2 update to iOS5.

iTunes, iPhone4 and iPad2 software is the latest versions.

Try disconnecting the phone, reboot the computer, plug phone back in, run itunes.

This worked for me...

A LOT of people are finding that one of two things is keeping them from upgrading.

Error 3200 with is being reported by Apple as an overloaded server.

Your error which seems to require a reboot of the computer to fix.

I updated my itunes, restarted my pc, plugged in my iphone 4 and nothing happens. All I see is my iphone in the list in itunes and a little blue circle with arrows next to it which has been spinning for the last 30 mins.....and still nothing!

Any ideas???

When was the last time you backed it up? Because if you haven't done so in a while, it has to back up a LOT of information before it installs the new version.

Not sure, o thought it backed up automatically everytime I plugged into itunes. So the spnning blue circle is normal? Nothing is showing in the phone, no sync message, nothing!

Then you might want to try rebooting your PC and then replugging the iPhone back into the PC.

Some users that updated iTunes that didn't reboot got very odd behavior or error messages.

I wonder if there has now been a complete server failure due to the east coast heading home.

ive rebooted and it seems to be working says 29 mins left

Listen guys I just did it. My IPhone 4 has the new IOS with ICloud. Just keep on clicking ok and let the phone to try to re-store. It will eventually work. It took me like a little bit over 15 times. The servers were down due to the fact that too many people were downloading this. Just keep and trying. It is no your phone neither the computer that you are using. Just make sure you have the latest microsoft window update if u are running xp like me and the latest itunes software in your computer. 10.5

Last edited:
I think the problem was due to an overloaded server. Both were successfully updated (after 6PM EST) but it sure takes a long time to reload all apps, music, videos, etc.

That error is server overload I suggest delay upgrade until tonight although it seems to be getting heavier. This is the biggest iOS upgrade ever and also a world wide release so just be patient once upgraded you will be smiling.

Regarding Apps etc keep in mind it will take a while first time through then after that it is just updating.