What's new

iOS5 upgrade failure, iPhone4

I downloaded the IPSW from the web and copied it to the update file directory for iTunes. I already had the latest version. I then plugged the phone in and it asked me if I was ready to install. I said yep, and it backed up and installed without any error at all. First try. I run Win 7 x64 Professional. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Only took about 25-30 minutes from beginning to end.

Hi all. So to give you a background on my phone, I got my iPhone 4 back in April and jailbroke it over the summer. Last night, I decided to un jail break it by restoring and following all the instructions. I thought it was all good but when I went to download iOS 5, an error message showed up (in photo attached). I don't know what to do! Someone told me to take it to the apple store and just don't tell them that it was once jailbroken but can they tell??? Also, anyone knowing how to get rid of this error, can you give me some direction?

thanks!

Attachments

• $image-3158438429.jpg
    $image-3158438429.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 522
Listen guys I just did it. My IPhone 4 has the new IOS with ICloud. Just keep on clicking ok and let the phone to try to re-store. It will eventually work. It took me like a little bit over 15 times. The servers were down due to the fact that too many people were downloading this. Just keep and trying. It is no your phone neither the computer that you are using. Just make sure you have the latest microsoft window update if u are running xp like me and the latest itunes software in your computer. 10.5

Wow!

I've been reading MANY postings here and there about the new "update" and all the problems people are having with error codes, Restore not working, overloaded servers, etc., etc... Seems like Apple would be more customer-friendly and provide more online "explanations" with those error codes and server timeouts and "spinning circles."

Hey, I'm at iOS 4.1 and all's perfect. Don't even need iCloud, but thanks anyway!

I have not left this laptop and I am now absolutely going CRAZY!!! First all I have tried 4 times and EACH time it took 2 hours to JUST back up, and I have read ALL posts trying to help myself and I have tried every trick and nothing works. I right click back up FIRST and that back up takes 2 minutes then I hit update and that back up takes 2 hours. I have reboot my laptop 5 times. I have my iphone 4 in airplane mode. After the back up I get "unable to connect to servers" or something of that nature. I understand having to try a few times in order to get through to the servers, but come on a 2 hour BACK UP!!! I am officially pulling my hair out, my husband might just divorce me and I will be up all night until I get this right and might just call out for work tomorrow! The actual DOWNLOAD of the IOS only took 60 minutes!! its the install that I cant do! And I am no newbie as I have been jailbroken in the past, currently running Verizon 4.2.10 stock now.

Thankls in advance for the help....PLEASE HELP ME!!!

First time I got 3200 error now I got a 3194 error no jailbreak. OK I waited a total 6 hours just to get this STUPID error. IS the file anywhere on my computer so I dont have to sit waiting to see if I'll get an ERROR?! what a MESS

Ah try downloading the ipsw from another site and shift +restore the ipsw file.

I have successfully installed iOS 5. I can not get the AirPlay mirroring function working. I double click on the home button, slide the bottom row
of aps to the right, and tap the airplay symbol. But no lick in getting the phone screen mirrored on the tv screen.

That error is server overload I suggest delay upgrade until tonight although it seems to be getting heavier. This is the biggest iOS upgrade ever and also a world wide release so just be patient once upgraded you will be smiling.

Regarding Apps etc keep in mind it will take a while first time through then after that it is just updating.

I have tried the wise advice from another poster: "restart your computer". I have just done that and the upgrade went on well, a bit lenghty but quite cool. All done and all apps working like a charm. Thank you Apple

Took me 15 times and 3 reboots before it extracted.

newjacksm said:
First time I got 3200 error now I got a 3194 error no jailbreak. OK I waited a total 6 hours just to get this STUPID error. IS the file anywhere on my computer so I dont have to sit waiting to see if I'll get an ERROR?! what a MESS

If the file did successfully download it will be stored in a folder on your PC.

Vista/Windows 7: Users/User Name/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

iTunes should allow you to update just by clicking the update key. Or shift+Restore to manually locate the file and upgrade to iOS 5.0

I got the 3200 error because the Apple servers were swamped by demand. The second try I got another error whose number escapes me. The 3rd time worked like a charm. I am really enjoying the new notification system. No more interruptions!!!

I've got it downloaded, however I am now getting a 3002 error anyway around this!?!

When I put it in DFU mode and restore IOS 5 i get 3194 error WTF i have the ipsw

what about now? is it more clear what to do in case of 3002?
i'm trying to install the 5.0 (i'm using the 4.3.5). do i have to restore it, before using the 5.0 ipsw?? i keep getting 3002.

what about now? is it more clear what to do in case of 3002?
i'm trying to install the 5.0 (i'm using the 4.3.5). do i have to restore it, before using the 5.0 ipsw?? i keep getting 3002.

It is impossible to install 5.0 toady. You MUST install 5.0.1. Apple stopped signing 5.0 many weeks ago and once that happens you can no longer install it on any device.