What's new

Help needed to Unlock iOS5 on iPhone4

mmuralimca

Reaction score
Hi, My iPhone4 is SIM locked to ATT carrier and it has been upgraded to latest firmware iOS5.0. This iphone is neither Jailbroken/Gevey installed earlier. It is just locked to ATT and now i would like to get this PHONE UNLOCKED to make it work on a different carrier. I would request guys on this forum to help me out in UNLOCKING this iOS5 installed on my iphone4. I need your help badly.. Thanks in advance for the help....

well since you upgraded to ios 5 you can no longer use ultrasn0w, not sure if gevey sim works with ios 5.

Ultrasnow or Gevey doesn't support the iOS 5 baseband. There is no way to unlock the iPhone4 on iOS 5 unless you have preserved the baseband. Once you update to iOS 5 (also updating the baseband) there is no way back...

I'm in the same situation as you and looking for help everywhere, let expect for miracle in the following week.....

I would not expect anything in the next week. In a year we have only seen one baseband unlocked but you never know what the devs will come up with next, but for sure it wont be in the next week before the release of 5.0.1. but we will see the ability to preserve the 01.59 baseband for sure and unlock 5.0.1

Unleashed said:
I would not expect anything in the next week. In a year we have only seen one baseband unlocked but you never know what the devs will come up with next, but for sure it wont be in the next week before the release of 5.0.1. but we will see the ability to preserve the 01.59 baseband for sure and unlock 5.0.1

Is there ang news to unlock ios5 4.11.08 bb? Please let me know. I was stuck from updating my iphone4 to ios5 without preserving my bb now my gevey sim is not working anymore.
thanks in advance.