What's new

iOS 5 GM.

You won't get a error from beta 7 for windows. It still allows you to load the iOS 5 ipsw. In order to get that iOS 5 seed you have to convert that .dmg to the ipsw using transmac which is a free download and has a 15 day trial but you don't actually need to register for that single usage.
This is how I prepped my device for ios5

Yeah, that's what I was saying, iTunes beta 7 for windows. As for the iOS 5 GM which I downloaded and found out that it came on .dmg instead of .ipsw I used powerISO to open the iOS 5 GM .dmg file and then drag out to my desktop the ios 5 GM .ipsw file which was inside the it.

bab2010 said:
Yeah, that's what I was saying, iTunes beta 7 for windows. As for the iOS 5 GM which I downloaded and found out that it came on .dmg instead of .ipsw I used powerISO to open the iOS 5 GM .dmg file and then drag out to my desktop the ios 5 GM .ipsw file which was inside the it.

Ok...

I have GM running on my phone and ehhh I feel like it still needs some tweaks for example my Facebook app doesn't work anymore but hopefully with the official release there will be an update but other then that I haven't noticed any issues. I love it haven't noticed a change in battery life as I thought it would be better with the update. But the whole twitter integration is AMAZING! I love it. And I hope that it continues to get better in the future. RIP Mr. Jobs your legend continues

Domino3k said:
I have GM running on my phone and ehhh I feel like it still needs some tweaks for example my Facebook app doesn't work anymore but hopefully with the official release there will be an update but other then that I haven't noticed any issues. I love it haven't noticed a change in battery life as I thought it would be better with the update. But the whole twitter integration is AMAZING! I love it. And I hope that it continues to get better in the future. RIP Mr. Jobs your legend continues

Nice. I feel the same way. I would like to see more out of ios 5. I wish we could FaceTime over 3G (it isn't a bandwidth issue because it's no different from me using Skype) I would also want the ability to at least download apps more than 20mb. I don't even know why they added this "use cellular data for purchases"

Attachments

• $image-483964972.jpg
    $image-483964972.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 475
Last edited:
Anyone else getting these terms of service updates? Looks like we're about to be rocking.

Don't play with peoples emotions lol it's not like all of us had the developers versions. Lol

raulgil5 said:
Don't play with peoples emotions lol it's not like all of us had the developers versions. Lol

Lol. That's why I posted in a iOS 5 gm thread. Lol. I see you're really anxious.

Yeah I just got this in June but already want new stuff lol

i have GM on my phone as of now, is there anything in the official release that GM does not have? and is anyone experiencing horrible battery life?

i have GM on my phone as of now, is there anything in the official release that GM does not have? and is anyone experiencing horrible battery life?

there is no difference between the two. The build number is the same for both.

the battery life for me on GM was great better then ios 4.2.8 (cdma)