What's new

iMessage

Relevance being that people who hack phones and then sell them on causes huge payouts from insurance companies. On the same basis as car ringing. Thus insurance companies requiring a higher premium from "The normal legal citizen" relevance enough?

*point* hacking is not the same as acquiring a phone through other means. I.E repaired, spare parts etc etc.

iHolophyte

Nope, I don't sell hacked phones nor charge anything, I only help out friends and family who want more from their devices.

I have managed to fix the issue by downloading SAM from Cydia and doing these exact steps, Utilities > Backup Activation then Restore Activation and then De-Activate iPhone hope that is helpful to someone.

diesel said:
Hi guys, I created a custom IPSW with redsn0w to preserve my iPhone 4 baseband and unlock it in iOS 5.0.1. It all went perfect. I jailbroke it and all.
The only problem is iMessage. It's just stuck to 'waiting for activation' for the past 12 hours now. I tried turning it off and on but no help.
Can you guys please help me with it?

If your unlocked with different carrier then that's why I can still send messages like that jut send one n you will see

While trying to fix iBooks in iOS 5.0.1 I ended up installing a repo that ruined my unlock so I had to do a fresh restore, jailbreak and unlock.
Now it's been a week but iMessage won't activate. :s

diesel said:
While trying to fix iBooks in iOS 5.0.1 I ended up installing a repo that ruined my unlock so I had to do a fresh restore, jailbreak and unlock.
Now it's been a week but iMessage won't activate. :s

Have you tried turning imessage off and then rebooting and turning it back on?

iMarilina said:
Have you tried turning imessage off and then rebooting and turning it back on?

Yes I have. Tried almost everything.

iMarilina said:
If you go to settings-messages , received at, is your phone number grayed out?

No it's not showing my number at all but only the email address

iMarilina said:
Ok go to settings, general, international and set region format to us

It was already US. I changed it to Pakistan for a while as I am in Pakistan but it didn't help so turned it set it back to US

Guys my iMessage always just stuck at activating :/ I just did a fresh restore and unlock but still the same