What's new

iMessage major problem

Omarsafadi

Reaction score
Guys i am having some problems with iMessage...I'm on an iphone4 ios 5.0 with a preserved baseband 04.01.10 relying on GEVEY unlock... i updated somehow and tried to enable facetime and iMessage but when i go to settings>messages>iMessage i enable it but it just gets stuck on "Waiting for activation" and same thing is happening for facetime ( no other options are available on the screen, see picture).. it hvnt been activated on my device yet.. how can i make it work please??? ur help is appreciated

please reply asap i cannot bare it me being the only one without this service :/

oh and in case no solutions are available.. can i restore again from scratch using my custom firmware(preserved baseband) and overpass the ios5 setup so that i don't get stuck again with the SIM thingi (hactivate or something).. if yes i'm ready to do that..

Attachments

• $IMG_0070.jpg
    $IMG_0070.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 552
there's no way i can activate my phone is there? it's so frustrating so far.. no push notifications if i left my phone for 3 minutes, no imessage, no facetime.... if i got an O2 sim card will that activate ios 5 rathan than hactivate it?? please guys reply asap

İ have the same problem, i hope to hear also a sollution.

Correction i also got an at&t sim.. My phone is originally locked to an at&t sim

fixed it myself.. turns out you should just restore using preserved baseband and setup ios 5 using a at&t sim card just to activate the phone ( push notifications, imessage and facetime works like magic)

I have some problem with iMessage too...it did activated but i when i try to send the message, it was not delivered...i'm using gevey sim with preserved bb 04.10.01 ...can somebody help me???

iMessage is built into messaging itself and all you need is to activate weather with the service provider or add ur email id to work with. As iCrank said it only works between 2 iOS 5 users with email ids too so if u wish to check then u must add email id of ur fren(who have iOS5) on ur contact list then use send message option on contact ilst itself. If u like to try then u can add me ([email protected]) :)

you can find previous forum too :
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-4-66/imessenger-22900/#post122762

I have some problem with iMessage too...it did activated but i when i try to send the message, it was not delivered...i'm using gevey sim with preserved bb 04.10.01 ...can somebody help me???

I orderder a german Tmobile prepaid card (i have a german simlocked iphone) from ebay, as soon as i have the sim card i wil try this also. Hope that can finaly activate Facetime and imessage. Il post the results here...

I had the same problem but I figure wat was the problem my phone didn't have any credit to send the activating SMS

iMessage is built into messaging itself and all you need is to activate weather with the service provider or add ur email id to work with. As iCrank said it only works between 2 iOS 5 users with email ids too so if u wish to check then u must add email id of ur fren(who have iOS5) on ur contact list then use send message option on contact ilst itself. If u like to try then u can add me ([email protected]) :)

you can find previous forum too :

This info is wrong. You don't have to add any info for iMessage to work. It also recognises the mobile number which would already be in your contacts.

Gixer7502 said:
This info is wrong. You don't have to add any info for iMessage to work. It also recognises the mobile number which would already be in your contacts.

Plus one. Where did isharan get that where I said it only uses apple id's

yes, it also recognizes but depends on the network services if they provide that or not... as in my country (NEPAL) our service provider are lazy on these stuffs so that was my another way of using that.... but it doesn't mean my info was WRONG !!!!

@iCrank - u forgot your reply on previous forum.... i have given that link on my first post here.. please check u said its between 2 iOS 5 user and i agree with that only i didn't say it's only uses apple id's .. guys please check carefully !!!
here's ur reply

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by bleedinheart
I seriously don't get the imessenger app. Does anyone use it? It refuses to connect to the chat room everytime I try.

by iCrank - What chat room. iMessage is built into the messaging app and this is only for other iOS 5 users.

check the link below :

isharan said:
@iCrank - u forgot your reply on previous forum.... i have given that link on my first post here.. please check u said its between 2 iOS 5 user and i agree with that only i didn't say it's only uses apple id's .. guys please check carefully !!!
here's ur reply

Originally Posted by bleedinheart
I seriously don't get the imessenger app. Does anyone use it? It refuses to connect to the chat room everytime I try.

by iCrank - What chat room. iMessage is built into the messaging app and this is only for other iOS 5 users.

check the link below :

I never said it only works with apple id's you did. Read carefully before posting please. Quote me "iMessage is between other iOS 5 users"

yeah in ur original message it was email ids and i have also wrote same but while repeating down ur lines i by mistakenly wrote apple id's instead of email id's... sorry for that.. but i mean email id... thanks anyway.

now as iCrank is super moderator here so i have 1 issue please let me know if u can help me ... i got the notifications while im on lockmode and previously i can go directly to the app by swiping on the notification but now it's not going to respected app and shows to unlock (swipe) first. I have also check on notification setting where i have enable "VIEW IN LOCK SCREEN" and even i can view while im on lock screen.... Do u have any idea?