What's new

Redsn0w 0.9.12b2 with 3gs

dbcv

Reaction score
Will redsn0w preserve my 6.15.00 baseband on my 3GS. In some places I saw mentioning that unlockers should stay away from this. So will I loose my unlock if I upgrade to 5.1.1 using custom IPSW build by redsn0w 0.9.12b2.

Thanks in advance.

Jmills87 said:
Restoring any custom firmware, regardless of which tool you use to make it, will always preserve your baseband.

Except for redsn0w's SHSH iPSWs. Pretty sure that is the only custom iPSW that doesn't preserve BB. don't quote me on that.

Correct me of I'm wrong :/

Stitched IPSWs are technically not custom IPSWs since you aren't modifying the firmware, but ya, I don't think those will preserve baseband.

Jmills87 said:
Stitched IPSWs are technically not custom IPSWs since you aren't modifying the firmware, but ya, I don't think those will preserve baseband.

How is it not modifying the firmware?

Blob stitching just puts adds your SHSH to the file to trick the phone into bypassing the firmware validation process. Custom firmware means modifying the firmware files(pre-installing a jailbreak or removing a baseband update from the firmware).

Thank you for your reply. Can you provide me link for valid tutorial suitable for me. I am new to jalbreaking and unlocking.

Download Sn0wbreeze 2.9.6 from iH8sn0w.com and download a 5.1.1 IPSW file for your device from Download iOS Firmware. The Sn0wbreeze software will walk you through the process. Make sure you choose the "activate" option in general settings to bypass iTunes activation. If you have any questions just ask! :)

Dear All,
Thank you for all your precious ideas and suggestions. I am able to upgrade my 3GS TO 5.1.1 without upgrading my baseband using sn0wbreeze 2.9.5 and am also able to unlock my phone using ultrasn0w 1.2.7.

Now I am waiting for baseband downgrade By MuscleNerd so that I get my GPS back.

THANKS Again