What's new

Fix GPS on 3gs

dbcv

Reaction score
Got the news thar latest version of sn0wbreeze can fix gps problem on 3GS with 6.15.00 baseband but I could not find instruction for it. I am also not sure if I can successfully upgrade my device and not loose my unlock because I rely on ultrasnow unlock.

Please send me instruction to solve gps problem of my device the details of my device are

iOS 4.1 (8B117)
Modem Firmware 6.15.00
Unlocked by ultrasn0w

Thank you

AFAIK, the updated sn0wbreeze only fixes issues dealing with Location Services, not GPS in general. It's pretty easy to use though, just download a 5.1.1 firmare and Sn0wbreeze 2.9.5 and follow the instructions in the app.

Can I unlock with ultrasnow if I upgrade to 5.1.1

My GPS was not working after the BB 6.15 jailbreak. I was using Apple App MOTIONX GPS. I found MAPQUEST gps also on Apple Apps and it works fine although slower than MOTIONX. I am using a 3GS with OS 5.1.1. Give it a try, its a free app.

Dear skeetshooter, can you provide me link of tutorial you followed to upgrade your device to 5.1.1 preserving your 6.15.00 baseband. Do you use ultra snow to unlock your phone?

Dear skeetshooter, can you provide me link of tutorial you followed to upgrade your device to 5.1.1 preserving your 6.15.00 baseband. Do you use ultra snow to unlock your phone?

RedSn0w Jailbreak Guide and yes I used the new version of ultrasn0w 1.2.7 so now the ultrasn0w fixer is not necessary. I am on T-Mobile and it worked fine

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by IPF staff in accordance with the Forum Rules

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 3GS old bootrom, old phone.
Unlocked with ultrasn0w, latest version and jailbroken using snowbreeze. I am currenlty running 5.1.1. But have tried downgrading in order to get my GPS working again, to no avail, back to 5.1.1
I have a BB of 05.13.04, which I thought was good to keep it from my reading on various forums, and I have never updated the baseband even though I have unlocked it many times with ultrasnow.

My GPS has not worked since I upgraded the phone to 4.3.3, from 4.1. Is there a process to follow, that gets my GPS working again? DO I have to upgrade to a newer baseband, and then downgrade again? I do not understand. I need to keep the phone at 5.1.1 if possible. Thanks.

Appreciate any help anyone can provide.

I have a 3GS old bootrom, old phone.
Unlocked with ultrasn0w, latest version and jailbroken using snowbreeze. I am currenlty running 5.1.1. But have tried downgrading in order to get my GPS working again, to no avail, back to 5.1.1
I have a BB of 05.13.04, which I thought was good to keep it from my reading on various forums, and I have never updated the baseband even though I have unlocked it many times with ultrasnow.

My GPS has not worked since I upgraded the phone to 4.3.3, from 4.1. Is there a process to follow, that gets my GPS working again? DO I have to upgrade to a newer baseband, and then downgrade again? I do not understand. I need to keep the phone at 5.1.1 if possible. Thanks.

Appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Try not to resurrect dead threads. Make your own thread.

Try using Sn0wBreeze to fix the GPS problem on your current baseband. Otherwise, you'll have to flash the iPad baseband and unlock it, then use Sn0wBreeze to fix it.

Last edited: