What's new

iMessage

The same thing happen me when I use redsnow and I try using snowbreez to creat CFW and my iMessage works great

You guys are using some other carrier than the one your iPhone was locked to? Because I am.

schizo_boy said:
ok for all those having the same issue I managed to fix the problem!

For me all I had to do was uninstall bitesms 6.1 then the messages settings didn't freeze anymore. So I created a new apple ID account to use as my imessage account and did all as normal without using the video method and it seemed to work I just had to wait a while until the message app offered me the blue send button once again.

After that I reinstalled bitesms and everything was still working fine as I even took off my sim and managed to send an imessage :D.

There you go folks hope it works for you too .

It worked :D thanks a ton mate

Last edited by a moderator:
guys another problem now, iMessage is finally "ON" in the Settings but when I sent iMessages to friends of mine, even though it said "Delivered" under the message, my friends never received it. They said they never received any message from me. :/

did you try switching off imessage and back on? without bitesms installed otherwise I guess you gonna freeze the same way as I used to... then may be you can reboot and or respring your phone then try to remove your sim card and send a imessage to yourself with the native iphone app...

and by the way yap I'm using a different carrier than the one I was locked to but I'm officially unlocked paid like 20 or 30£ my carrier to do so was definitely worth it ;-)

schizo_boy said:
did you try switching off imessage and back on? without bitesms installed otherwise I guess you gonna freeze the same way as I used to... then may be you can reboot and or respring your phone then try to remove your sim card and send a imessage to yourself with the native iphone app...

and by the way yap I'm using a different carrier than the one I was locked to but I'm officially unlocked paid like 20 or 30£ my carrier to do so was definitely worth it ;-)

I sent myself an iMessage after doing as you said, I did get the message. I then sent a message to a friend again and she didn't receive it this time as well :/
And I myself am ready to pay to unlock my iPhone is their anyway I can do that? It's locked to AT&T USA

if you got your message then I guess your friend must be having a problem rather than you.

Does she receive imessages from everyone else?

May be she can try switching imessage off and on too.

to unlock my phone in England all I had to do was calling my carrier which was 3 at that time I just asked them if I could unlock my phone they said yes but this will cost you xx£ and the unlock process took about a week or so then all I had to do was restoring my iphone through itunes and got a message saying my phone got successfully unlocked!

I think you should be able to do it in the US too if apple is selling unlocked iphone 4 and I believe they do since few months or years.... not too sure about it but I guess your best option would be trying to call AT&T and ask them ;-)

Oh and you need to be the one who had the contract with AT&T as they will ask you some personal questions.

schizo_boy said:
if you got your message then I guess your friend must be having a problem rather than you.

Does she receive imessages from everyone else?

May be she can try switching imessage off and on too.

to unlock my phone in England all I had to do was calling my carrier which was 3 at that time I just asked them if I could unlock my phone they said yes but this will cost you xx£ and the unlock process took about a week or so then all I had to do was restoring my iphone through itunes and got a message saying my phone got successfully unlocked!

I think you should be able to do it in the US too if apple is selling unlocked iphone 4 and I believe they do since few months or years.... not too sure about it but I guess your best option would be trying to call AT&T and ask them ;-)

Oh and you need to be the one who had the contract with AT&T as they will ask you some personal questions.

Okay thanks man. I'll try some other friend's number and see if that works. And the problem with unlocking my iPhone is that firstly I am in Pakistan, I paid a friend of mine to get me an iPhone from states as he was there. Paid $700 for a phone not carrier unlocked lol. I think I'll need to stick with preserving the baseband and use ultrasn0w.
Cheers

lol I guess that's your best option then...

Good luck with imessage ;)

Wow this iMessage thing is a pain now I got a new iPhone 4 my iMessage in turned on and everything but every message I send say delivery fail

Try sending it to some other contact.
And also turn off iMessage, switch off iPhone. Switch it back on and now turn iMessage on again.
Also try turning on read receipts.
I know how frustrating it gets, took me three days.

Hi guys and gals this is my experience with this issue, I just upgraded 2 AT&T iPhone 4's from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 and 3 Verizon iPhone 4's from 4.3.8 to 5.0.1 and all have been jailbroken using redsn0w 0.9.10b2 I have fully tested all phones and all but one AT&T phone is working perfectly and before you ask yes I have done this before, I've been hacking and unlocking phones for several years now for people. Anyway the single issue is FaceTime and iMessage on this phone refuse to work at all they turn on and say it is activated but will not work, I have turned both FT and IM off and on several times, did the same and resprung in between as well as a reboot in between other times to no avail. I have also done a clean restore as well as a second restore and jailbreak, so I then thought that maybe it was because the other AT&T phone was on my apple id as well so I put in my wife's apple id and reset then tried again on the problematic phone and went through all the steps again but no luck. I apologize for the book but if anyone comes across any other ideas I would appreciate any help I could get thank you.

Hi guys and gals this is my experience with this issue, I just upgraded 2 AT&T iPhone 4's from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 and 3 Verizon iPhone 4's from 4.3.8 to 5.0.1 and all have been jailbroken using redsn0w 0.9.10b2 I have fully tested all phones and all but one AT&T phone is working perfectly and before you ask yes I have done this before, I've been hacking and unlocking phones for several years now for people. Anyway the single issue is FaceTime and iMessage on this phone refuse to work at all they turn on and say it is activated but will not work, I have turned both FT and IM off and on several times, did the same and resprung in between as well as a reboot in between other times to no avail. I have also done a clean restore as well as a second restore and jailbreak, so I then thought that maybe it was because the other AT&T phone was on my apple id as well so I put in my wife's apple id and reset then tried again on the problematic phone and went through all the steps again but no luck. I apologize for the book but if anyone comes across any other ideas I would appreciate any help I could get thank you.

Hacking phones? No wonder my phone insurance is so expensive!

iHolophyte

Relevance?

Relevance being that people who hack phones and then sell them on causes huge payouts from insurance companies. On the same basis as car ringing. Thus insurance companies requiring a higher premium from "The normal legal citizen" relevance enough?

*point* hacking is not the same as acquiring a phone through other means. I.E repaired, spare parts etc etc.

iHolophyte