What's new

Help with JB IOS 5.0.1

Jones2020

Reaction score
Since I last ruined my phone with a "fail" Jailbreak, and now the untethered ios 5 is released. Can someone help with a small guide so I know what to do and Jailbreak succesfully please ? Since the Tutorial's thread isn't updated and I only know the latest redsnow is released. ?

This will help me and other newbies, just a small guide.

Thanks in advance !

EDIT : I got a A4 Iphone 4 on IOS 5.0

iKriptic did a how to video. It's a YouTube video and it's on the home page of this forum. To do the jailbreak it's very simple.

1. Make sure your device is running the latest firmware. 5.0.1. If not you will have to update. I would save your shsh blobs with iFaith just in case you want to revert back.

2. Download redsn0w from te dev team blog. It's version 0.9.10b1.

3. Plug your device into the computer.

4. Open redsn0w. Make sure iTunes is closed.

5. Power off your device.

6. Click the jailbreak button on redsn0w.

7. From there it will give you instructions on how to put the device into DFU mode. Hold the sleep button for 3 seconds. While holding sleep press the home button for 10 seconds. Then release the sleep button and continue holding the home button for 15 seconds. Around 8 seconds it should click over and start the jailbreak process. All you will have to do now is confirm you just want to install cydia.

8. Sit back. Relax. Grab a cup of joe and let redsn0w do it's thing.

9. Once done you will see the cydia icon. If it doesn't work just reboot the device and all should be well.

This is just the basics but I think this covers it.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Very much appreciated man !! Nothing can go wrong I guess ?

I'm not promising perfection just recalling what I did. The hardest part for me was backing up my blobs but with iFaith it was easy as pie.

Great write-up Del. Thanks for the quick but to the point instructions. I jailbroke before but couldn't remember the easy steps.

Here's another question due to lapse of memory... after jailbreaking, will I lose all on my text messages? will I have to download my apps again?

Thanks to everyone in advance.

I lost all my messages from when I initially jail broke it. That was I think because I had to restore it and then update the firmware.

So I don't know much about Jailbreaking, but should I backup everything first on Itunes => Jailbreak => restore if apps and messages got deleted or am I missing something here ?

So I don't know much about Jailbreaking, but should I backup everything first on Itunes => Jailbreak => restore if apps and messages got deleted or am I missing something here ?
Absolutely!! Always perform a backup via iTunes before perfroming a JB. :) Just to be safe ya know.