What's new

Good news on ios 5 untethered jailbreak

The only amusing thing about this, and every situation like this, is when a bit of news breaks, people jump all over the forums and say 'well now that's it's been tested on 5.0.1 we should expect a jailbreak in <insert date here>...' with (obviously) no idea or inclination as to the actual ETA.

Maybe someone can make a hack that embeds Can I Jailbreak My iPhone? as every idiot's homepage... but then the mods will have no fun locking threads every 2 mins I s'pose.

Last edited:
Jmills wrote:
If you are using a 3Gs or a 4 you should dump your SHSH with iFaith before AND after updating(just to cover your bases).

I am running iphone4 5.0. Should i save my SHSH with iFaith? If so, can someone put a link to explain how? Sorry for my noobness but i want to jailbreak when available but want to do it correctly from the beginning. Thanks in advance.

Stupid question but since it's an untethered jailbreak does that mean I can unlock to use wit any sim cause I have iPhone 4 bb 4.11.08

Tethered or Untethered Jailbreaks & Unlocking are two different things. There is currently no Unlock available for BB 4.11.08... hardware or software.

Jmills wrote:
If you are using a 3Gs or a 4 you should dump your SHSH with iFaith before AND after updating(just to cover your bases).

I am running iphone4 5.0. Should i save my SHSH with iFaith? If so, can someone put a link to explain how? Sorry for my noobness but i want to jailbreak when available but want to do it correctly from the beginning. Thanks in advance.

There is a tutorial on modmyi.com.

Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - [How To] Use iFaith to Save SHSH Blobs + APticket for iOS 5.0 + Build Custom Firmware

Pod2g has untethered code for all non a5 chip devices done and his gonna test them tomorrow hopefully he does a5 next.

All this talk about iFaith is all fine and good if you have a windows machine. Windows? I haven't owned one of those in years. Guess I'm SOL?

I checked out VMWare website. They have a lot of products to pick from. I don't know where to begin.

Personally, I use VMWare Fusion, there's a 14-day trial on their website, otherwise if you are looking for a free alternative you can do a virtual machine using virtualbox as well(although I have no experience with it personally).