What's new

5.1 jailbreak for A5/A5X devices still "weeks away" at the soonest

Jmills87 said:
The exploit that was used in previous jailbreaks was patched by Apple, there are only so many exploits available and each time Apple patches them, they have to find new ones. These people do have full-time jobs as well, so they can't dedicate 100% of their time to it, but they are working as fast as they can.

Thanks, kinda what I figured. I had no idea about the exploits though. Is there a place to figure out which tweaks are awesome and which ones will actually mess with your phone? Sort of like a guide in what tweaks do what. I'm a little new to the jailbreaking community and excited for the 5.1 jb for the iPhone 4s

Thanks, kinda what I figured. I had no idea about the exploits though. Is there a place to figure out which tweaks are awesome and which ones will actually mess with your phone? Sort of like a guide in what tweaks do what. I'm a little new to the jailbreaking community and excited for the 5.1 jb for the iPhone 4s
The best way to know what tweaks are stable is to only use the Repositories (Sources) that come already installed in Cydia. Adding additional Sources from god knows where will only lead you to cracked (pirated) packages, tweaks & apps that will prove to be unstable while running on your iDevice.

Thomasjtsi said:
The best way to know what tweaks are stable is to only use the Repositories (Sources) that come already installed in Cydia. Adding additional Sources from god knows where will only lead you to cracked (pirated) packages, tweaks & apps that will prove to be unstable while running on your iDevice.

Actually the only way to make sure your jailbreak is stable is to research the package you may want to install checking compatibility with your device model and iOS. ........regardless of what repo the package is from.

Actually the only way to make sure your jailbreak is stable is to research the package you may want to install checking compatibility with your device model and iOS. ........regardless of what repo the package is from.
While that's not the ONLY way... you do make a good point Zig. Compatibility between packages and/or tweaks does play a key role in how stable your iPhone runs post Jailbreak.