What's new

Good news on ios 5 untethered jailbreak

Yes he has stated that the 5.0 & 5.0.1 untethered Jailbreak will work for both ispw

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Good news for us 5.0.1 users although tethered hasn't bothered me one bit.

So should I upgrade to 5.0.1? I'm on 5.0 right now because I was waiting for the untethered jailbreak...

jjmartinez I would stay on 5.0 for now. It has not been officially announced yet that it will work on the 5.0.1 firmware, he said "there shouldnt be a problem" but even if it does, you never know if he will release both the 5.0 and 5.0.1 jailbreak at the same time, better to just wait until he says for sure that it will definitely work on 5.0.1.

Alright, go ahead and update to 5.0.1 if you want. pod2g just announced that he got it working on 5.0.1 :)

If you are using a 3Gs or a 4 you should dump your SHSH with iFaith before AND after updating(just to cover your bases).

Last edited:
myra52 said:
Finding a jailbreak for Apple's mobile operating systems had never been easy for hackers. However, in the case of iOS 5, it became more complicated due to the two new devices supported by the Cupertino-based company's new A5 processor. Good news.
pod2g's exploit will only work w/ pre-A5 devices. No Jailbreak for the 4S or iPad 2 yet.

pod2g's exploit will only work w/ pre-A5 devices. No Jailbreak for the 4S or iPad 2 yet.

That's not true, he hasn't even tested it on an iPad2 or iPhone4S yet(because he doesnt own one), but I'm sure it will work because the exploit is a userland exploit so in theory it should work on any device capable of running iOS5.

That's not true, he hasn't even tested it on an iPad2 or iPhone4S yet(because he doesnt own one), but I'm sure it will work because the exploit is a userland exploit so in theory it should work on any device capable of running iOS5.

You going to be willing to test it on your 4s??? Please :)

Last edited:
You going to be willing to test it on your 4s??? Please :)

I would be happy to, but I'm sure pod2g will not let any outside users test the jailbreak. Jailbreak testing is always done internally by the dev teams and their immediate friends. I just hope someone lets him borrow their iPad2 and iPhone4S so he can get this jailbreak working on all devices before releasing it.

Jmills87 said:

Very interesting! Thank you for clearing that up. Keeping fingers crossed for the 4S & iPad 2 users out there!!