What's new

Good news on ios 5 untethered jailbreak

zuluwhiskeyfox said:
I just downloaded / installed Corona 5.0.1 untethered from Cydia. It works like a charm.

Just tried to installed it Says its only half installed and it could cause probs Do i really need this for it to work

bmahony said:
Just tried to installed it Says its only half installed and it could cause probs Do i really need this for it to work

You got me. My install went so smoothly.

zuluwhiskeyfox said:
You got me. My install went so smoothly.

Try again tomorrow Fairly stable so far on my end Do i really need this app

bmahony said:
Try again tomorrow Fairly stable so far on my end Do i really need this app

It is easiest way to turn your tethered JB into an untethered.

zuluwhiskeyfox said:
It is easiest way to turn your tethered JB into an untethered.

What i did was restored it to unjailbreak mode in itunes and i just used new version of redsnow Works ok so far All themes ringtones and icons all the way i want them☺

Yeah, I am still VERY pessimistic about the 4s JB as well. I don't know a great deal about this topic - but it wasn't hard to notice that rather quickly (for IOS5) there was a tethered jb for the IP4 - then a "semi-tethered" and now an untethered. Along the way there were several rumors - most false, but some true. For the 4S, there isn't even tethered JB at this point (which I would be thrilled with). Things are MUCH quieter on the 4S side of things then for the good ol IP4. I just dont have a "warm fuzzy" feeling. I know Pod2g has some things goin on... but like I said, it's VERY quiet. Not a creature is stirring, not even a tethered jailbreak :)

But - I am hopeful, pessimistic, but somehow still hopeful.

Take care,
Rob

Yeah, I am still VERY pessimistic about the 4s JB as well. I don't know a great deal about this topic - but it wasn't hard to notice that rather quickly (for IOS5) there was a tethered jb for the IP4 - then a "semi-tethered" and now an untethered. Along the way there were several rumors - most false, but some true. For the 4S, there isn't even tethered JB at this point (which I would be thrilled with). Things are MUCH quieter on the 4S side of things then for the good ol IP4. I just dont have a "warm fuzzy" feeling. I know Pod2g has some things goin on... but like I said, it's VERY quiet. Not a creature is stirring, not even a tethered jailbreak :)

The tethered jailbreak, semi-tethered jailbreak and now the untethered jailbreak were all piggy-backing on top of a bootrom exploit that is not available on the 4S and the iPad2. It doesn't mean there won't be a A5 jailbreak, its just because all of those jailbreaks were based off an exploit that has been around since 4.2.1.

I just tried to jailbreak using redsnow 0.9.10b1 everything went well, then I tries installing ***MODERATOR EDIT: NO PIRACY*** everything seemed good but then when it was done in Cydia it said reboot so I clicked that, it restarted and only the news standing was there nothing else, so I just had to restore... Anyone know what happened?

Last edited by a moderator:
You unplugged the phone during install? Dosent destroy the process and call for another restore?

I just tried to jailbreak using redsnow 0.9.10b1 everything went well, then I tries installing *EDIT* everything seemed good but then when it was done in Cydia it said reboot so I clicked that, it restarted and only the news standing was there nothing else, so I just had to restore... Anyone know what happened?

Please no discussion on Piracy. There will be no help on that subject. Jut keeping the thread clean. And yes amen for the untethered JB.

Last edited by a moderator:
johniphone4 said:
I just tried to jailbreak using redsnow 0.9.10b1 everything went well, then I tries installing ***MODERATOR EDIT: NO PIRACY*** everything seemed good but then when it was done in Cydia it said reboot so I clicked that, it restarted and only the news standing was there nothing else, so I just had to restore... Anyone know what happened?

U need to be using .10b3 it's got some fixes in it

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net