What's new

Good news on ios 5 untethered jailbreak

I've been trying to jb for the past hour but my iPhone 4 just turns on after rensnow says exploting waiting to reboot I'm sore I'm following the steps right.

you could try using greenpois0n if thats easier but if you did it correctly then it will work so there must be something your missing out or not doing right,

did you go through the cydia settings and make sure you have the relevant boxes ticked and correctly put your device in dfu mode while its off...etc?

So, now what should all A5 owners do? Update to 5.0.1 and wait for a jailbreak? Stay at 5.0 and wait anyway?

I'm certain that Apple is going to release 5.0.2 to patch the exploit soon so....

lysin said:
So, now what should all A5 owners do? Update to 5.0.1 and wait for a jailbreak? Stay at 5.0 and wait anyway?

I'm certain that Apple is going to release 5.0.2 to patch the exploit soon so....

No they wont, they will patch it in 5.1. You should update to 5.0.1 now and wait. Once 5.1 is released there will be no way to restore 5.0.1 on the iPhone4S so you need to update before 5.1 is released if you want to be able to jailbreak.

Unleashed said:
you could try using greenpois0n if thats easier but if you did it correctly then it will work so there must be something your missing out or not doing right,

did you go through the cydia settings and make sure you have the relevant boxes ticked and correctly put your device in dfu mode while its off...etc?

Where can I download the greenpoison. And am I suppose to download an ipsw and restore fresh. I don't have a tethered jb am still on stock. And all I'm doing is opening redsn0w and trying to put into dfu

I am a little confused... well maybe a lot confused. I was just on Greenpoison's page looking for the download for the untethered jb. All I can see is jailbreak for firmware 4.2.1. Is this the one I am looking for?

maxwell said:
I am a little confused... well maybe a lot confused. I was just on Greenpoison's page looking for the download for the untethered jb. All I can see is jailbreak for firmware 4.2.1. Is this the one I am looking for?

Redsn0w is all you can do the untethered with.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree! Until Musclenerd or other dev tell us to update I will be staying at 5.0! They usually tell us what to do before every major update!
Imagine updating and then not having a working JB...

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

This is key, Jmills. And thanks. So what you're basically saying is we 4S owners should sit tight at 5.0.1 because the next likely break thru will be untethered for 4S but ONLY on 5.0.1.. Right??

Correct, chances are MORE than likely that Apple will patch the exploit in 5.1 now, and since you cannot downgrade iPhone4S or iPad2 it is imperative that users of those devices stay on 5.0.1 if they want to be able to jailbreak.

I've noticed a recurring theme here: Newdestiny keeps trying to challenge Jmills...

Newdestiny, is always wrong.

Newdestiny, if you are not sure about what your posting, dont post it in challenge to Jmills - who - in my short time in this forum, has not been proved wrong.

Im all for competitive conversation, but mate, you are just plain wrong most of the time. & it is demonstrated that Jmills either knows his facts, or researches properly before posting.

Sorry: Had to get that off my chest...

milly71 said:
Redsn0w is all you can do the untethered with.

In one if the other threads, I believed unleashed mentioned greenpois0n had one too. I guess I misread. Thanks for the heads up.

In one if the other threads, I believed unleashed mentioned greenpois0n had one too. I guess I misread. Thanks for the heads up.

The jailbreak was developed by pod2g who is part of the Chronic-Deav team(makers of greenpois0n) so likely it will be added to greenpois0n eventually, but at this point, the iPhone-Dev team are the only ones who have released a 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak

Newdestiny, if you are not sure about what your posting, dont post it in challenge to Jmills - who - in my short time in this forum, has not been proved wrong.

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but he is entitled to his opinions as well. Only time will tell what the future has in store for the jailbreaking scene :)

So we need to update to 5.0.1 now in order to jailbreak wen it comes out?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I just downloaded / installed Corona 5.0.1 untethered from Cydia. It works like a charm.