What's new

Getting rid of iphone 4 jailbreak IOS 5.0.1

alex95

Reaction score
Basically yesterday, I jailbroke my iphone 4 which is currently running on 5.0.1 Now I've heard to many stories about what it can do to your phone. Can someone PLEASE HELP ME, on how I can get rid of the jailbreak without messing up my iphone or getting it bricked. I've also heard about restoring it with itunes, but apparently it will brick it??? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Restoring it with iTunes is the easiest thing to do. I just did it yesterday, to cleanup my phone and re jailbreak. It won't brick your phone

just make sure you have a backup first but there is no chance of "bricking" your device

Basically yesterday, I jailbroke my iphone 4 which is currently running on 5.0.1 Now I've heard to many stories about what it can do to your phone. Can someone PLEASE HELP ME, on how I can get rid of the jailbreak without messing up my iphone or getting it bricked. I've also heard about restoring it with itunes, but apparently it will brick it??? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Wait, what did you hear about JB?

It won't get bricket!!! Nothing to be worry about :) Lol!

I was concerned about jailbreaking my 4S 64gig but as I have a spare 4S 16gig I thought I'd give it a go. I made a backup and went for it. After 40 minutes I was up and running with Cylda without a hitch :)

the thing is though the last time i synced was 7 days after i gt my phone which was like in november. but i did back it up to icloud yesterday be4 i did the jailbreak? so wat will happen there? thanx guys for the help so far! :)

the thing is though the last time i synced was 7 days after i gt my phone which was like in november. but i did back it up to icloud yesterday be4 i did the jailbreak? so wat will happen there? thanx guys for the help so far! :)

Nothing going to happen. Something wrong with your iPhone after jailbreaking it? Your backup are save in iCloud, don't worry about it.

Where can I find my backups on my laptop? I did do a backup just before JBing...but just to make sure, before I plug her in and find there is no back up, and I'm SOL. I screwed up a lockscreen battery theme, and want to retore it to get my battery image back....then I'm going to JB again and do it right, lol.

Just wondering where the backups are located before I hit that no-looking-back restore button...lol.

Where can I find my backups on my laptop? I did do a backup just before JBing...but just to make sure, before I plug her in and find there is no back up, and I'm SOL. I screwed up a lockscreen battery theme, and want to retore it to get my battery image back....then I'm going to JB again and do it right, lol.

Just wondering where the backups are located before I hit that no-looking-back restore button...lol.

Right-click your phone in iTunes and select "restore from backup" the window that pops up will list all of the backups you have stored on your computer.