What's new

IOS 5.0.1 using redsn0w unteathered

broutt

Reaction score
I updated my IPHONE 4 (cdma) to 5.0.1 on accident a couple of weeks before Xmas. I decided to wait until the hack came up to Jailbreak 5.0.1
Great I thought to myself I can use redsn0w (because of this great forum)!
I went through the process downloading redsn0w, extracting, opening, ran as administrator, went to jailbreak got ready to put my device in DFU and BAM it wouldn't make it past IDENTIFYING BUILD.
I tryed it 30 times, hoping id brick my phone or something...There for a while I was getting the stupid usb cord and the ituns logo while putting it in DFU mode. Following the instrutions and steps at the right time. So I got to Jailbreak and decided to put my phone into DFU mode before I clicked next Still wouldn't make it past identifying build!
This is how I got the jailbreak to work

Turned off my virus
Turned off my firewall
downloaded Redsnow 0.9.10b2 (again)(didn't download as .IPSW instead of .zip) just standered download
Extracted
Opened
Right Clicked Redsn0w.exe
Went to Properties
Ran Program As Administrator
Clicked "Jailbreak" (and install Cydia)

LOOK "I put my phone into DFU mode THEN HOOKED it to the USB Everything else did the job

It came to a screen the only thing checked was Cydia and that's the way I left it.

NEW FAN OF FORUM my 1st post Good luck

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/jailbreaking-methods-iphone-18519/ "REDSN0W 0.9.10b2"

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...afe-method-restore-current-version-ios-26019/ (PS if you have to download apple IOS 5.0.1 BE SURE TO CHANGE THE IOS 5.0.1 FROM .ZIP TO .IPSW (JUST SEARCH IT A KID TELLS YOU YOU HOW TO CHANGE IT TO .IPSW(EASY)

using redsnow 0.9.10b2

Wow glad to hear our forums could help! Welcome to our community btw! :)!!

Usually the file saves as an IPSW, but Internet Explorer wants to be a nuisance and save the file as a .ZIP
The easiest thing to do is to use any other browser to download the Firmware file. :)! If possible of course.

Definitley glad the Forums helped you!! Welcome btw. :) As darkstar mentioned above... using a different browser to download the IPSW makes a big difference. I use Google Chrome when downloading Firmware files.