What's new

iPhone 4, 5.1 Jailbreak via redsn0w 0.9.15b2

osuapoc

Reaction score
Evening All!

I am new to jailbreaking, and have been reading through tutorials and posts on this forum and others. Based on my understaind of dev-blog, it appeared that I should have been able to jailbreak my iphone4 (v5.1) using the latest version of redsn0w. However, I cannot get the program to register that the device is connected.

Multiple things have been checked:
1) iTunes shows a phone in restore mode, to my understanding this is a good thing (DFU mode accomplished successfully)
2) Windows 7 device manager registers an "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver" under USB controllers

Furthermore, I tried selecting the .ipsw that I downloaded from the official apple firmware page(s) from the "extras" menu of redsn0w, but it failed to recognize this.

FWIW, I was following the tutorial at this link:
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...4-using-redsn0w-windows-tethered-[5-1]-35538/

So, I come to the forums as the FNG to hopefully get some insight into this process. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Run as admin. Then make sure your IPSW or the iOS is for the correct iPhone you have then make sure it's the correct type (gsm or CDMA)

Thanks for hte reply, willerz2!

Actually, I ran as admin from the desktop with XP SP3 compatibility enabled.

Also, I downloaded the matching IPSW for the version of the iOS listed on the general section of the phone's settings. Furthermore, I've downloaded the latest version of iTunes and have backed up the phone through that.

iTunes keeps asking me if I want to update to iOS6, which I obviously decline.

Am I missing something?