What's new

Redsn0w crashes (tethered version for 5.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

echrizz

Reaction score
I have a HUGE PROBLEM!. I tried jailbreaking my iphone 4 iOS 5.1 with redsn0w, however, every time i enter DFU mode, and the next step starts (exploiting limera), red sn0w crashes. I get this report : "the program does not respond". I tried changing the affinity for the redsn0w process by unticking cpu 0, but the same thing happens. I even tried changing the compatibilty settings to windows vista and windows xp(sp2) but still no luck. This is the first time i've encountered this problem ever since i started jailbreaking my iphone... I NEEEED HEELLP PLEASE!!

Are you running redsn0w as an administrator? That is sometimes required. Otherwise, your computer may not properly be reading the DFU mode driver for your iPhone. Try running as administrator and if that doesn't work, hopefully you have another computer that you can use.

Are you running redsn0w as an administrator? That is sometimes required. Otherwise, your computer may not properly be reading the DFU mode driver for your iPhone. Try running as administrator and if that doesn't work, hopefully you have another computer that you can use.

I tried all those options, but still didnt work..however, i found a way out. I downloaded the official custom firmware for iOS 5.1 and the used it to jailbreak my iphone. I had to go to "extras" on resn0w and then manually select an ipsw. The jailbreak process worked just fine, BUT when i clicked on the "just boot" option after it was done, redsn0w crashed. I dont know what to do?? helpp :(

I fixed it. So i opened redsn0w, went to extras, clicked on "select ipsw", browsed to the firmware version i downloaded which was for iOS 5.1. Clicked "back" then clicked "jailbreak". After the jailbreak process was done. I clicked back, then went to extras, then clicked on select ipsw AGAIN, then browsed to the same firmware i used before, then i clicked on just boot. It worked like a charm.
It was kinda confusing at first because the tutorial i watched never said anything about clicking on the "select IPSW" button... but anyway, i'm just glad my iphone is back to "normal".. Thanks for the help guys :)

I tried all those options, but still didnt work..however, i found a way out. I downloaded the official custom firmware for iOS 5.1 and the used it to jailbreak my iphone. I had to go to "extras" on resn0w and then manually select an ipsw. The jailbreak process worked just fine, BUT when i clicked on the "just boot" option after it was done, redsn0w crashed. I dont know what to do?? helpp :(

I fixed it. So i opened redsn0w, went to extras, clicked on "select ipsw", browsed to the firmware version i downloaded which was for iOS 5.1. Clicked "back" then clicked "jailbreak". After the jailbreak process was done. I clicked back, then went to extras, then clicked on select ipsw AGAIN, then browsed to the same firmware i used before, then i clicked on just boot. It worked like a charm.
It was kinda confusing at first because the tutorial i watched never said anything about clicking on the "select IPSW" button... but anyway, i'm just glad my iphone is back to "normal".. Thanks for the help guys :)

Usually when redsn0w or any jailbreak related tool gives you problems, it usually helps to redownload it from a different browser or from a guest account on your computer.

Just want to thank echrizz, I tried exactly what you did and it worked. I also had the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.