What's new

iphone 4 wont stay in dfu mode?

dylandaniel91

Reaction score
So, i recently had to restore my iphone due to an incompatible cydia tweak, however, now that im trying to rejailbreak (and yes im still on 5.0.1) my iphone wont stay in dfu mode when using redsnow. when it starts the exploit, it gets to the end of starting the exploit, then the apple logo pops up on my phone and reboots normally. Ive tried changing the compatibility of redsnow to windows xp sp2, uninstalled and reinstalled redsnow, but the problem still keeps happening. ive jailbroken my phone plenty of times, so i know im not messing up, as it only reboots normally AFTER redsnow starts the exploit. Any ideas or fixes, por favor?

Have you tried deleting redsn0w and downloading from a different browser or guest account on your computer?

Have you tries entering DFU before the jailbreak instead of following the button timing instructions?

Like plug in iPhone
Click "Jailbreak"
Then enter DFU mode

Once the phone gets onto DFU, the jailbreak starts automatically.

Yeah I have removed and reinstalled red snow.... I'll try on a different computer today. And I haven't started before clicking jailbreak... It's odd. It recognizes that I'm in dfu mode, then starts the exploit, then I hear a disconnect/reconnect beep from my computer and the iPhone reboots. Like I said, I've done this a lot and never ran into that issue but I shall try another computer!

dylandaniel91 said:
Yeah I have removed and reinstalled red snow.... I'll try on a different computer today. And I haven't started before clicking jailbreak... It's odd. It recognizes that I'm in dfu mode, then starts the exploit, then I hear a disconnect/reconnect beep from my computer and the iPhone reboots. Like I said, I've done this a lot and never ran into that issue but I shall try another computer!

Sometimes all you have to do is download the tool from a different browser or a guest account on your computer.

It is like this with literally all jailbreak tools. I have no idea why.

Yeah, changed computers and it worked. Scratching my head over this one, but I appreciate the suggestion and help!

dylandaniel91 said:
Yeah, changed computers and it worked. Scratching my head over this one, but I appreciate the suggestion and help!

Have you tries reinstalling the drivers?

i didnt no, but i figured out what it was! all i had to do was go into my control panel, uninstall a program, click on itunes and instead of uninstalling, clicking on repair. let that finish, then the jailbreak worked! thanks for all the help guys!

what program did you unistall because im having the same problem.