What's new

Fed up with antenna problems!

Gamal

Reaction score
I find it insulting to every Apple customer that Mr. Steve Jobs had declared that the widespread antenna problem is a " non-issue " and that the problem is in the wrong way the phone is being held. I lose signal when I hold the phone with my right hand to make a phone call because the natural way to hold the phone involves the fingers covering the antenna joint. I also lose signal when I hold the phone in my left hand to perform all other functions ( e-mail, web surfing, etc... ) because the same area gets touched by the hand. I will wait till next week to see if they will have a software fix as rumored ( even though I personally doubt that it is a software issue ). If the problem does not get fixed next week, I'm shipping it back to Apple and reactivating my 3GS. Maybe if Apple starts seeing a lot of phones returned, they will realize that it is a very serious issue and share this with Mr. Jobs so that he can move past the denial phase and start showing some intellectual respect for his customers.

Interesting that you don't just get a bumper case ? How is going back to a 3GS a solution? Worst case put a piece of clear tape along the side......

Bumper or case and it's fixed. :) But we will see what the new 4.0.1 update will do if it comes out Monday to further address this issue.

This really is a non issue. Why do people get so uppity about some problem that is so easily alleviated by the 10-40 dollar case that they were going to purchase regardless? Buy the case and enjoy the greatness that is the iPhone 4.

Mabye the Apple company should include the fix with the phone that has a faulty antenna.

i think it really might be a issue with your phone, when i had my 3gs i had horrible reception! now with this i phone4 i have no issues!! i have never droppped a call or had bad signal in fact i have signal in places i didnt with my 3gs, i would really try to return it and get another if you can just my 2 cents

This really is a non issue. Why do people get so uppity about some problem that is so easily alleviated by the 10-40 dollar case that they were going to purchase regardless? Buy the case and enjoy the greatness that is the iPhone 4.

Because a 400+ dollar piece of equipment should function properly. Also aside from something used to browse the Internet and check mail, it's a phone first. If you have this phone and have experienced the problem ou would know that this is no simple fix. This is a major engineering flaw that affects every call I make. I'm just not cool with it! I've owned every iPhone and never had a complaint but this alone is enough to consider a different phone untill the problem is fixed and apple takes responsibility.

True, most of us will probably get a case for their iphone 4. But the Otterbox Defender for the iphone (my choice) is not ready yet and I need my iphone to be reliable as it is a business phone. Therefore, why should I have to go buy a Bumper for $30 to hold me over until my $49 Otterbox is available? I paid $300 for an iphone that I thought was ready for prime time. Steve Jobs needs to supply these Bumpers as his people do not know how to test properly before releasing a new product.

it is a non issue, i dont know why the apple users are crying antenna problem when there is no problem

I agree that a bumper case solves the problem but also think that apple should step up and send out cases to the buyers of the I phone 4 because there is a principal involved. Apple needs to step up and make it right. To me it isn't a money issue but simply put Apple needs to take care of its customers and there response seems a tad arrogent to me.

Obviously, noone but me uses Windows, correct? Who sent their computer back to the store when they found a bug? I didn't and I've seen hundreds of them in Windows. Apple will fix it. Apple is a class act. Be optimistic about it. Don't you just love this iPhone?

FedEx delivered my bumper this morning, I put it on and everything works perfect. The signal shows five bars no matter how I hold it now.