What's new

iPhone 4 Verizon dropping calls - For real!

Audioi

Reaction score
Ok ok, I know they repaired the problem with the iphone 4 antenna on the new phones from Verizon but they didn't.
I can spend hours with mine setting on my wooden desk at 4 bars, pick it up hold it in your hand and within 30 seconds the signal is gone.
I called verizon and they pretty much called me a liar. I have 3 of these and all 3 are alike. We bought the overpriced bumper for one of then as she wanted it blue and that phone has no issues but I am still a liar.

i recomend an icolorwrap. its just a band in pretty much any color you want,or clear to keep that beautiful silver band in tact.

and it stops your hand from canceling out the signal or bridging the antennas or what ever the problem that doesnt exist is

iColor Wrap for the iPhone 4 - Home

there are plenty of other places to get them...i just like these cause they are all one piece.most of the other i have found are three pieces.
besides the carbon fiber i have on now,the three piece one seem to come off real quick...unlike the one peice one from my experience

Iphone 4 | Carbon Fiber Film

this is what im rockn right now...REAL CARBON FIBER

i have no issues with mine, me and my buddy put both of our hands on it and maybe 1 bar lost out of 5. 4 hands on it and barely lost any

i have no issues with mine, me and my buddy put both of our hands on it and maybe 1 bar lost out of 5. 4 hands on it and barely lost any

And you gave it 30 seconds or so? Because mine will do it everytime.

Even though I like the looks of the bare phone I ordered a couple today.

If they think you are a liar, then they are about to meet a lot of liars. Im reading more and more people having antenna issues, and i noticed a drop in bars as well, even holding it normally. No dropped calls, though... And the bumper works great.

I have three of them bad while the Droid works fine.

I have 2 VZW iPhones and not a single dropped call or even less than perfect call here.

I've only had mine a couple of days but no problems whatsoever......

Two months ago I upgraded my smartphone to an iPhone4. Immediately, I started dropping calls. I called Verizon and they sent me another phone. It, too, dropped calls all over the place. I just activated my third iPhone today, and it's dropping calls. It doesn't matter where I am, calls drop. My smartphone didn't drop calls (all to the same numbers and from the same places that the iPhone drops). Verizon says it isn't the iPhone. But my last three cell phones before the iPhone hardly ever dropped calls, but now most of the calls I make end with four beeps and a "failed" message. I am really disappointed.

I have had my verizon iphone since April and have not had a signal loss nor dropped call with it at all.