What's new

iPhone 4 Verizon dropping calls - For real!

Two months ago I upgraded my smartphone to an iPhone4. Immediately, I started dropping calls. I called Verizon and they sent me another phone. It, too, dropped calls all over the place. I just activated my third iPhone today, and it's dropping calls. It doesn't matter where I am, calls drop. My smartphone didn't drop calls (all to the same numbers and from the same places that the iPhone drops). Verizon says it isn't the iPhone. But my last three cell phones before the iPhone hardly ever dropped calls, but now most of the calls I make end with four beeps and a "failed" message. I am really disappointed.

I still have the same problem but its not the phone's fault, its our fault for buying it!

Quit hating on Verizon! I have not dropped one call. I like it better than At&t

i recomend an icolorwrap. its just a band in pretty much any color you want,or clear to keep that beautiful silver band in tact.

and it stops your hand from canceling out the signal or bridging the antennas or what ever the problem that doesnt exist is

iColor Wrap for the iPhone 4 - Home

there are plenty of other places to get them...i just like these cause they are all one piece.most of the other i have found are three pieces.
besides the carbon fiber i have on now,the three piece one seem to come off real quick...unlike the one peice one from my experience

Iphone 4 | Carbon Fiber Film

this is what im rockn right now...REAL CARBON FIBER

Although I have no issues with my service I really do like the wraps. I'll have to get one or two. Thanks for the links

You're not a liar. I called them up and, although they insisted they hadn't heard anything about the iPhone dropping calls, they suggested some bull *228 thing to register my phone with a tower whenever I leave town. Pretty sure I don't leave town every week, yet, whenever I call my parents for less than an hour, I have to call them back a good 5-10 times because my calls drop. The *228 thing doesn't help, I'll do it before I try calling them and the same thing happens. This has happened with important business calls, calls to the Bank, etc. You know... phone calls that are very inconvenient to have dropped. Anyways, seriously considering upgrading to a 4S after doing some research on whether or not they fixed it. But for now, putting it on speaker phone in the middle of my living room floor seems to work.

I should be getting the iphone 4 S any day, lets see if its still a problem.

I have no problems with mine Verizon 4 phone. I have the Otter Box cover and everything works great with my phone calls.

Occasionally a call will drop cause I live out in a valley in the country. But overall the clarity and occurrence of losing a call is much less than my old Samsung. I am extremely happy with Verizon and iPhone.