What's new

Anyone having issues with dropped calls?

Ive looked all over this forum and haven't found an answer/fix for my problem... So, here goes: My vz iPhone WILL NOT ring when someone calls me. Whether when its in sleep mode or awake... I'm on greenpoison rc6 i just layered rc6 over rc5. Could that be the problem? Should i restore my iPhone and do a fresh install of rc6? Cause i cant keep missing calls like this!!! ANY help would be appreciated. TIA.

HAd alot of dropped calls with my HTC incredible and Droid X on Verizon, but not one since the iPh:)ne 3 weeks ago (knock on wood)

Did the drop calls happen in the same location? If they all happened in one location, call Verizon and open a trouble ticket. It could be a problem with the tower you are using. If no one ever calls to alert them, the problem may never get fixed. At least they have to check it out because if you request a trouble ticket, they have to give you one. I have done it a few timez, and they actually had found a problem.

I got my iPhone 4 on day 1 of VZW service. For the first few months it was solid. Lately, however, I am plagued by dropped calls - - particularly at home. (This is not an issue on my wife's Motorola or my daughter's HTC Droid.) VZW tech support has had me do everything short of reciting the declaration of independence backwards. Nothing helped. Apple tech support ditto. I begin to think this is a great device, but a terrible phone.

I got my iPhone 4 on day 1 of VZW service. For the first few months it was solid. Lately, however, I am plagued by dropped calls - - particularly at home. (This is not an issue on my wife's Motorola or my daughter's HTC Droid.) VZW tech support has had me do everything short of reciting the declaration of independence backwards. Nothing helped. Apple tech support ditto. I begin to think this is a great device, but a terrible phone.
if you have upgrade to the latest iOS 4.3.3 It can be the iOS causing it. If not, then try a softreset of your phone and see if that helps. Also if you are capable of reproducing the issue in front of apple, i think that they will be able to replace your device.

I don't know if this will help, but I just saw a clip from Consumer Reports on MSN about the Verizon iPhone 4. It said the problem with the "death grip" has not been solved with the Verizon model. It said that the problem occurs when you cover the small slit on the bottom left side of the metal band that encircles the phone. It also said that if a case is used that protects the sides the problem does not occur. For what its worth.

Try updating the roaming with *228 and then hit 2. I haven't had any issues with dropped calls at all.

How do you upgrade to 4.3.3?? I have issues with my battery life still and it wouldn't let me use skullcandy headphones. It dies too quickly.. Does anyone have issues with the white iPhone 4?

How do you upgrade to 4.3.3?? I have issues with my battery life still and it wouldn't let me use skullcandy headphones. It dies too quickly.. Does anyone have issues with the white iPhone 4?

I have no battery issue with iOS 4.3.3

if you have upgrade to the latest iOS 4.3.3 It can be the iOS causing it. If not, then try a softreset of your phone and see if that helps. Also if you are capable of reproducing the issue in front of apple, i think that they will be able to replace your device.
No, even after VZW had me reset the phone to factory settings and then two weeks later Apple had me do the same thing it is still 4.2.8.

No, even after VZW had me reset the phone to factory settings and then two weeks later Apple had me do the same thing it is still 4.2.8.

Ok that's the latest iOS and it's the iOS causing the issue. Many complaining about that iOS not being stable. For CDMA 4.2.8 is the latest and for GSM 4.3.3 is the latest iOS, so your issue is iOS related.