What's new

Dropped calls on iphone 4

hnadelson

Reaction score
Hello!

My iphone 4 (bought last September) kept dropping calls. AT&T and apple store determined it was a hardware issue and replaced my phone 3 weeks. ago. Fortunately it was still under warranty. Well, guess what? The same thing is happening again with the replacement iphone4 ! I've always used a bumper so that can't be the problem. I update the software on itunes regularly and my software is current. My phone hasn't had any water damage or been dropped. I don't think it's an AT&T issue because my husband's blackberry and daughter's Pantech never drop calls, even in the house. Granted I don't make that many calls on my phone but whenever I do 9X out of 10X I'd get the call failed option, usually several times within the same call. Other times I have to attemp to call a few times because i won't even hear the other phone ringing. This happens in my home and while out and about. For instance while in Target today the call failed 3x on the same phone call and it happens more often than not at home.

I've read that turning off the 3g data could help. Haven't tried that yet. The AT&T rep also told me I need to do a soft reboot once a week, which I haven't been doing. I'm also eligible to get the free microcell but that obviously won't help me while on the road. Only other thing I can think of is that I've been docking my iphone4 in the ihome charger with the bumper on and they say that doing that can cause hardware damage. But hardware damage seems unlikely since the rest of the iphone4 works perfect--i'm just having dropped calls.

I love my iphone4 but need a phone I can rely on not to keep dropping calls.

Any thoughts/advice? Should I get yet another replacement iphone4 and hope for the best? Any insight would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Go back to the apple store for another iphone4 you won't spend any thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk